Communications - Part-time
The communications coordinator will manage the church’s print and online communications efforts, including but not limited to the livestream, social media, website, videos, blog posts, order of worship, newsletter, annual report, flyers, e-mails, and other materials. The communications coordinator will work closely with staff and volunteers to tell the story of Central Reformed Church and its ministries in a way that engages members, visitors, and the broader community. This is a part-time position, approximately 20 hours per week, that reports to the church administrator.
Primary Job Responsibilities
· Work with church staff and ministry leaders to strategize and develop an effective, coordinated, comprehensive plan for all of Central’s communications activities.
· Develop a communications content calendar, using information provided by staff and ministry leaders, to highlight the story of Central and its ministries.
· Create content for various online platforms, including but not limited to blog posts, videos, social media posts, and podcasts.
· Build relationships with internal and external audiences by managing content and interactions on all church social media platforms.
· Increase engagement with Central through online platforms and track effectiveness of various online communications efforts.
· Design print materials for church ministries, events, and outreach efforts.
· Work with clergy and staff to create the weekly bulletin, order of worship, and other printed programs (e.g., funerals, mid-week communion, etc.).
· Coordinate the running of the livestream on Sunday mornings.
· Update the church website regularly, adding new and timely content as appropriate.
· Prepare e-mail and print communications to the congregation as needed.
· Assist with general office tasks (answering the phone, greeting guests, entering information into the church database) as needed.
· Excellent writing skills, understanding of grammar, and attention to detail
· Proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and various stakeholders
· Proven ability to build relationships with audiences online
· Impeccable planning skills and ability to meet deadlines
· Deep understanding of online communications and best practices for engaging and building audiences
· Ability to create and disseminate excellent print and multimedia content
· Demonstrated experience with a wide variety of platforms and programs (e.g., WordPress, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Adobe Suite, Publisher, etc.)
· Entrepreneurial mindset
· Excellent critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred (or equivalent experience), plus demonstrated experience in a communications role.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.