Communications - Part-time
The Communications Coordinator manages the flow of communication, develops communication and marketing content, and oversees Fifth’s communication plan, strategies, and tactics.
This is a part-time position (20hrs/wk) reporting to the Office Manager.
· Maintain a vital and growing relationship with Christ through the exercise of basic Christian spiritual disciplines including prayer and meditation on scripture.
· Demonstrate a high level of moral integrity understanding that personal conduct impacts the larger work and witness of the church.
· Collaborate with staff and lay leaders in advancing the mission of Fifth Church.
· Communicate in a friendly, positive, and effective way that facilitates forward progress.
· Maintain appropriate confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
· Uphold a vision for the church office that welcomes, encourages, and supports people (staff, congregation, and guests).
· Agree to, and abide by, the Staff Team Covenant.
· Develop, oversee, and maintain a master communication calendar and work with staff to ensure communication is happening according to plan.
· Produce regularly scheduled communication pieces, including eNews, worship guide, newsletter and website blog posts.
· Monitor and update church website to ensure timely and appropriate content. This includes maintaining audio & video file archives, monitoring metrics and suggesting ways to improve the site, and maintaining our website and domain hosting arrangements.
· Monitor and update church mobile app to ensure timely and appropriate content.
· Monitor and update church Facebook page to ensure timely and appropriate contend.
· Serve as church brand manager by monitoring the look, vibe, and feel of all print and digital material representing Fifth to ensure a consistent visual experience across communication platforms.
· Work with staff in the creation of promotional content for teaching series, large events and other campaigns.
· Work with others to develop a larger social media presence for Fifth with the goal of developing followers.
· Champion the graphic design process for all communication and promotional materials. This includes managing any outsourcing of graphic design to visual art contractors.
· Champion the development of direct mail pieces and other special print communication ensuring consistency with our mission, brand, and style.
· Periodically assist the Office Manager in answering phones and welcoming guests so as to maintain a warm and welcoming environment in the office.
· Ability to work in both a self-directed manner and as part of a collaborative team
· Ability to take initiative and meet weekly priorities with minimum supervision
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Excellent copywriting skills (For this job copywriting is prioritized above graphic design. We can outsource visual design if needed, but we need a good writer.)
· Strong knowledge of professional correspondence, communication protocol and etiquette
· Comfortability and skill with multiple digital and social media platforms
· Ability to manage relationships with contractors and vendors
· Please direct a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, and our HR Team will be in contact soon.