Administrative / Office Management / Clerical - Full-time
Christ Memorial Church
595 Graafschap Rd., Holland, MI 49423, 616-796-3370, www.christmemorial.org
“… to equip God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up.” (Ephesians 4:12)
Mission of Staff
The mission of the staff at Christ Memorial Church is to Outfit the church to Influence the world.
Vision of Staff
Christ Memorial Church will develop and maintain a spiritually and emotionally mature staff of professionals who will build effective volunteer ministry teams that accomplish the mission of CMC.
As Christ Memorial staff members as well as brothers and sisters in Christ we commit to:
· Focus on the mission, vision, and values of CMC – We share ownership of the mission of CMC and contribute to its success by setting clear priorities for achieving our mission.
· Value the whole person – We demonstrate honesty, kindness, respect workstyles, support work-home balance, have fun, include all cultures and backgrounds, and show respect and grace to each other.
· Communicate openly, respectfully, and directly – We share information, communicate in a timely and clear manner, assume positive intent, acknowledge others, respect deadlines and time of co-workers, and address differences directly through candid conversations.
· Collaborate as a team – We ask for and offer help, understand one another’s roles, seek varying perspectives, set clear expectations and work as a team. We cross-train for effective support for our co-workers as needed.
· Continuously growing – We seek opportunities to grow in our faith and position at CMC. We support others in their learning experiences, demonstrate grace, discuss failures, learn, and share.
· Set high standards and hold ourselves and each other to them – We are good stewards of the resources God has given us and ensure diverse perspectives contribute to our decision making. We celebrate our different gifts and talents and learn to work well with each other’s unique styles.
· Confidentiality – We work to serve our community and must respect the confidentiality of each person we work with.
· Policies and Procedures of CMC – We seek to understand policies and procedures and follow them to the best of our ability. Having collaborative conversations when changes need to be made.
Position Title: Church Life Administrator
Position Status: Full Time
Reports to: Director of Operations
Position Focus: Office and church administration
Works cooperatively with: Director of Operations, Pastor of Formation & Teaching, Pastor of Leadership & Teaching
Primary Strengths Required:
· Internal staff communication
· Front desk receptionist coverage
· Manage Tithe.ly events calendar
· Schedule volunteers (Info Center/Lead Elders Listen)
· Check and respond to the main church email
· Distribute general staff and congregation communication/letters
· Answer and direct phone calls
· Sort incoming mail
· Take meeting minutes
· Assist executive team with various tasks as needed
· Coordinate incoming and outgoing staff checklists
· Website Auditing and update
Essential Skills and Training:
· Microsoft Office 360
· Excellent computer and mobile device skills
· Database management
Recommended Schedule (Portions of this schedule can be flexible):
Sunday: 8:30-10:30am (as needed)