Administrative / Office Management / Clerical - Full-time
Administrator of West Michigan Church
Friendship Christian Reformed Church
190 – 100th St SE
Byron Center, MI 49315
Full-time, salaried position; 40-45 hours per week; attendance at some evening meetings or Sundays required.
The person in this position shall provide leadership in the areas of financial management, human resources, facilities and property management, and support staff supervision for our 850-member church.
For 35 years our congregation has been a community of Christian faith and witness in the southern end of Kent County. Our multi-generational members come from across West Michigan and gather weekly in our sanctuary and via livestream for relevant Biblical preaching, traditional and contemporary music, and inspiring worship, all of it in the Reformed tradition. We expand our worship through intentional outreach in our community and world, attentive care for our members, and a number of spiritual enrichment and social opportunities for everyone.
There are, generally, three areas of responsibility. They include:
1. Financial oversight – responsible for daily, monthly and annual accounting procedures for the church through general budget and special funds. This includes accounts payable and maintaining stewardship records of the members of the congregation for both the General Fund and multiple in-house funds. Also responsible for assisting in the development and administration of the budget, debt reduction/ capital campaign drives, monthly financial reports and all other financial matters.
2. HR/Administrative – provide supervision and/or support in all matters relating to ministry and facilities staff, manage payroll and benefits for entire support, ministerial and program staff including bi-weekly payroll, health insurance, pension and 403b plans, and life insurance; and maintain accurate records of documents and attend various committee meetings as assigned; manage the processing and transfers of membership records; plan and implement all Safe Church policies.
3. Operations/Facilities – Monitor all church-related expenses such as computer costs, office equipment contracts, utilities, building equipment maintenance and repairs, facility contracts, etc; ensure effective use and care of all facilities including related expenses and revenues; and work with the Facilities Coordinator in coordinating facilities use and rentals, projects, repairs or purchases as approved by committees.
Skills and Qualifications Desired:
1. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; personable; able to work cooperatively and effectively in a team situation.
2. Ten years of office experience preferred, as well as supervisory experience.
3. Accounting/bookkeeping background necessary, degree preferred or a minimum of 10 years of work experience in financial/accounting/budget areas.
4. Human resource experience.
5. Facility or property management experience a plus.
6. Well-organized and detail-oriented with a proficiency and technical aptitude in the Microsoft Office environment and other Windows-based software as well as the Google platform.
7. Integrity and uncompromised commitment to the highest level of confidentiality.
8. A love for the work of the Church and a commitment to the Reformed faith.
Send resume and cover letter indicating why you feel you would be the best candidate for the position to email@example.com. Inquiries or questions can also be directed to this same email address. Deadline for submission is Sunday, July 24, 2022.