Volunteer - Volunteer
Mission Statement: Motivated by the love of Christ, we promote abundant life by providing holistic services to women and men affected by unplanned pregnancy.
Position title: Childcare Volunteer
Position type: Volunteer (2-3+ hours each week or every other week)
Basic Function of position: Childcare volunteers serve September-May, on their chosen day of the week, either every week or every other week, as their schedule allows. Childcare volunteers are never alone – at least two people will always be present, and volunteers work together to change diapers (or help with potty training), read a Bible story, rock babies, play and interact with children, and help the kids eat snacks and/or lunch. Light clean-up after the children are gone is also required.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Build relationships with clients during drop off
• Build trust of the parents and children
• Show the love of Christ to clients and pray for them
• Sign in and out in the Volunteer Hours binder
• Prepare the meal either at home or in Alpha’s full kitchen
• Be here at Alpha on the designated days and be ready to love the children in your care
• Be ready to read the provided Bible story to the children and play and interact with them
• Clean up after children leave
Available Serving Hours:
• Every other Tuesday Single Mom Support Group and Grupo de Mamas Latinas- 10:00-12:30
• Thursday ESL – 10:00-11:30
• Ability to build relationships and play with children
• Knowledge of and enjoyment of taking care of children 0-5 years old
Volunteer Application Process
• If interested in this volunteer position, please contact Lauren Herlein, Community Engagement Manager, at 616.742.0242 x105 or firstname.lastname@example.org.