Accounting / Finance - Full-time
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for the leadership and oversight of key functional areas of the organization, as well as providing strategic leadership on financial matters, reporting & planning, risk mitigation, treasury management, Family governance, and other important matters to achieve the desired outcomes for the Family, the organization, and related parties.
The CFO serves as a trusted advisor to the Family, the leadership team, and affiliates. As a key member of the Executive team, the CFO will also participate in the development and execution of strategy to promote and advance the company values, vision, and culture.
Our Unique Benefits
At RDV, we are intentional about enriching our culture and employee experiences through a unique blend of benefit offerings that include:
- Robust health insurance options with competitive employer contributions.
- 401k retirement plan with a generous employer match of up to 7.5%.
- Grab and Go Deli/Market with employer-provided account credit of $650/year.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) starting at 22 days per year in addition to 9 paid holidays.
- Fun culinary experiences and connecting with co-workers at monthly catered lunches, free of charge to employees.
- Employer paid parking in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids.
- Education and training reimbursement programs.
- Discounted memberships to MVP Sportsplex.
What You’ll Do
Leadership & Oversight:
- Provides ongoing strategic financial leadership input across the Family enterprise and for the Family to optimize performance, reduce risk, and achieve objectives.
- Provides strategic leadership and oversight of functional groups including RDV Accounting & Finance, Asset Management, Relationship Management, (and others as assigned), with direct supervisory responsibilities for the key leadership position(s) within each group.
- Provides strong and effective leadership and management. Leads, guides, and evaluates the work of key managers/leaders, providing transparent feedback for ongoing growth and development of those leaders, as well as their area(s) of responsibility.
- Accountable for building and leading high-performing teams, ensuring all teams are aligned and collaborating to achieve organizational results,
- As a service provider to the client, family staff and internal departments, enhance a culture of outstanding customer service.
- As a member of the Executive team, identifies, recommends, and facilitates strategic projects and initiatives that will advance the organizational values, vision, and culture.
- Collaborates with the CEO and COO to develop agendas and prepare presentations and material for Family and Family Enterprise.
- Collaborate with affiliate entities including OA Private Capital (OA) on cash flow forecasting, reporting and other financial analysis.
- Collaborates with the RDV COO, and the OA CFO and COO to ensure strategic alignment and synchronized values between the organizations, as approved/established by the RDV CEO and OA CEO, and endorsed by the Family.
- Develops and implements strategies to reduce risk, increase efficiency, and create scalable processes for future growth.
- Oversees relationships with bankers regarding banking and debt facilities. Ensure compliance with all reporting requirements and debt covenants.
- Member of the internal OA Risk Committee and OA Valuation Committee.
Family Counsel & Services:
- Serves as a trusted advisor and fiduciary for the Family as a collective and personally provides relevant information and guidance to help the Family/Families meet their goals.
- Works with the CEO and COO on Family governance and related issues.
- Oversees delivery of services to the Family, ensuring the ability to scale efficiently while providing excellent service.
Partner with Affiliates:
- Serves as a trusted advisor and fiduciary and partners with affiliate organizations to accomplish the Family’s short and long-term goals.
- Oversees relationships with key business partners.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance required, CPA desired. Masters desired.
- Minimum of 20 years’ experience in a combination of public accounting and industry, with at least five of those years working in a key advisor role at a senior-level management position.
- Proven track record of working successfully with an executive leadership team to create, lead, and drive values and cultural objectives.
- Strong leadership and people skills required for leading change, building culture, and coaching, development and growth of individuals and teams.
- Highly collaborative and strong emotional intelligence for managing a fast-paced, highly complex environment.
- Broad experience in accounting, budgeting, and forecasting, financial analysis and modeling, technology services, tax, and risk management.
- Experience in leveraging and maximizing technology solutions to create a highly efficient operational environment.
- Demonstrated success in project management with experience in strategic analysis, the ability to plan, organize, and manage project components with successful execution and outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Must be highly attentive to detail and possess strong analytical capabilities.
- Excellent strategic planning and organizational skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards, personal and professional integrity.
- Family office experience a plus.