Food Service - Full-time
Reports to: Store Manager
Location: Baker Book House
Shift: Full Time
- Understand and perform all barista responsibilities (see Barista job description for details)
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving, and building maintenance in lodging and dining facilities.
- Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food to ensure that food is prepared safely and presented in an acceptable manner.
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations.
- Coordinate assignments of café personnel to ensure economical use of food and timely preparation.
- Maintain food and equipment inventories, and keep inventory records.
- Plan menus and food utilization, based on anticipated number of guests, nutritional value, palatability, popularity, and costs.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with vendors for ordering and purchasing of food and supplies
- Keep records required by government agencies regarding sanitation or food subsidies.
- Organize and direct worker training programs, resolve personnel problems
- Work with the Customer Service Manager to hire new staff, and evaluate employee performance
- Review policy and work procedures to determine ways to improve service, performance, or safety.
- Arrange for equipment maintenance and repairs, and coordinate a variety of services.
- Review menus and analyze recipes to determine labor and overhead costs, and assign prices to menu items.
- Schedule use of facilities or catering services for events and negotiate details of arrangements with clients.
- Meet with the Customer Service Manager regularly to communicate operational and/or staffing needs
Other tasks not on this list may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to Detail – Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes which includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the ability to understand and communicate information in both oral and written formats.
- Mathematics – Knowledge of the principles and methods for addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, fractions, statistics, currency, and economics.
- Adaptability/Flexibility/Sociability – Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace, as well as an ability to provide outstanding service to others and work with others in a non-competitive environment.
Education: High-School diploma or equivalency.
Experience: 1-2 years of previous food service experience and at least one year of supervisory experience is required for this occupation. Servesafe certification preferred but not requiredApply Now