Other Ministries - Seasonal/Temporary
Position Title: Cabin Leader
Classification: Summer Position
Reports To: Program Coordinators
Direct Reports: N/A
Key Relationships: Program Director, Activity Team, Support Team
The Cabin Leaders works directly for the Program Coordinators. They shall primarily be responsible for the daily leadership of a cabin group at Pine Ridge. This includes but is not limited to living amongst the campers; providing spiritual leadership; helping create excitement at games, activities, and events; behavior management; and providing requested reports to the Program Director.
Key Job Functions
- Must attend full staff training with consideration to attend High Ropes and Lifeguard Certification.
- Lives with a group of assigned campers and helps each one to profit spiritually from the camping experience.
- Leads in daily cabin devotions and chapel breakout discussions.
- Helps campers to build meaningful relationships with others and assist those with social or emotional problems.
- Is firm in behavior management skills, never partial, trying always to be fair to all campers.
- Be an innovative problem solver seeking to improve the camper offerings of Pine Ridge.
- Be a spiritual leader and an example to all campers at Pine Ridge.
- Gives any report, written or verbal, that may be required by the Program Director.
- A summer staff member in a small organization like Pine Ridge is often called upon to perform a wide variety of duties. This may include many of the following duties (not an exhaustive list):
- Assisting with maintenance duties like repairs, construction, landscaping, and lawn care.
- Assisting with housekeeping duties like cleaning, sweeping, and mopping.
- Assisting with kitchen duties like dish washing, and food preparation
7:00am- Help campers get ready for the day
9:00am- Morning Chapel
10:30am- Cabin Team Building
1:00pm- Afternoon Activities
2:00pm- Cabin Rest Time
3:00pm- Free Time
4:00pm- Afternoon Activities
6:00pm- Evening Chapel
7:00pm- Camp Game
9:00pm- Flag Lowering
10:00pm- Evening Devotional
- Agrees with the philosophies, policies, and procedures of Pine Ridge Bible Camp.
- Has a sincere love for the Lord and a desire to see campers come to know and grow in Him.
- Is willing to forego personal rights for the common good of the camp and camper.
- Is flexible and able to work with campers and other staff members.
- Communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Be in good standing with a local church.
- Be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Preferably has one year of college or university level training.
- Show maturity and ability in understanding people in a leadership role.
- Is interested in developing their leadership abilities and can organize people and activities.
- Preference given to applicants with at least one year of summer volunteer experience at Pine Ridge.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Must be able to lift, bend, and twist.
- Ability to push and pull loads.
- Must be able to lift frequently up to 35 lbs.; occasionally 35-100 lbs. with assistance
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Auditory ability to hear and understand conversational levels of sound in an ordinary office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, types of work performed, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. They are not intended or should be taken as an exhaustive list of and responsibilities, duties, and requirements of personnel so classified. All indicated qualifications, duties and functions are essential job functions for purposes of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).Apply Now