Other - Full-time
This entry-level position is responsible for maintaining marine vessels for a private family. In collaboration with the team, this position will fulfill many operational and service duties while focusing on efficiency and “Five Star” quality delivery. While based in West Michigan, the Boat Maintenance Assistant may also be required to travel domestically.
Culture of Care
RDV Staffing provides domestic, household and property related positions predominately in West Michigan. We recruit only the most skilled and dedicated people who are service-oriented, collaborative, adaptable, and who possess the highest level of integrity. Our employees experience a meaningful workplace where they can make a valuable and appreciated impact in the household(s) that they serve. Full-time employees of RDV Staffing are eligible for a robust healthcare program, 401(k) plan with a generous 7.5% match, time off, and other meaningful benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain vessels in pristine and ready condition, including exterior and interior appearance, washing, cleaning, detailing, inventory, minor repairs, etc.
- Stain and/or varnish vessel decks based upon a seasonal schedule under direction.
- Assist with provisioning boats, providing service, and preparing watercraft, lines, safety equipment, and other items.
- Assist with providing food and beverage service to family and guests as requested; follow proper table etiquette, service, and entertaining protocol.
- Operate small, support, and personal watercraft under direction as needed.
- Keep boat barns and warehouses organized, while maintaining knowledge of inventories and supplies.
- Maintain a courteous and professional status with family and guests at all times.
- Report maintenance problems to supervisor.
- Exercise open communications with other staff.
- Participate in job-related training as required.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
Elements of Success
- Previous service and/or boating experience preferred.
- Experience/background serving food and beverages preferred.
- Ability to learn proper table etiquette, service, and entertaining protocol.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Local and domestic travel required.
- Work is performed in and around water; strong swimming skills are required.
- Flexibility in scheduling is essential. May require working weekend and holiday shifts in addition to regular shifts and up to 6-7 days per week during busy seasons.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and obey all traffic and vehicle rules and regulations when operating equipment.
- Must be a responsible, flexible, dedicated, and dependable person of highest integrity; neat and tidy in appearance; willing to dress in required uniform; organized and reliable; positive in attitude; and one who demonstrates pride in service which he/she provides.
- Must be attentive to details to assure the vessels are presented to “Five Star” quality standards. Required to wear appropriate employer-provided safety equipment in performance of job. Equipment will be provided by employer; methods of operation and use will be overseen by the supervisor.
- Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds to a maximum height of six (6) feet.
- Ability to stoop, bend, kneel, climb, and remain standing on feet for lengthy periods of time.
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Ability to work at high heights.
- Confidentiality at the highest level is required. This includes, but is not limited to, information directly and indirectly pertaining to the personal movements, property, and communications of the ownership group and Wakestream MI Marine. Agreement to and the signing of a confidentiality agreement is required.