Education - Part-time
Compass College of Film & Media, located downtown Grand Rapds, is a Christian Artist Friendly Media College. To us, this means that all are welcome to learn and grow together. Our core principles are biblically based which means we seek to teach our vocation with integrity and to love our neighbors as ourselves. Being a Christian is not a requirement, being able to work in an environment that is open to diversity while biblically based is.
We’re looking for a creative and detail-oriented individual who can express their knowledge to the next generation of filmmakers and content creators. Compass College of Film & Media employs educators not only for their industry knowledge and skills but how they express those skills and knowledge in a hands-on classroom setting.
This is not a remote position, it is on campus in Grand Rapids, MI. We do not pay for accommodations or travel for Adjunct Positions. Please make sure you can work in Grand Rapids, MI before you apply.
When We Need You:
Course and Faculty Training on May 2nd for a 4-hour training at 10am
Classes Start on Monday, May 9, 2022
Classes End on Friday, July 29, 2022
Class times are Tuesdays 1:15 pm to 4:30 pm
Grades due on Friday, August 5, 2022
Course Name and Description:
HUM252 Biblical Perspectives (3 credit hours)
This course provides a full overview of the Bible and examines the developing relationship between God and man as perceived through “salvation history.” The themes of righteousness, justice, oppression, deliverance, redemption, and covenant are addressed in the context of studying Biblical content and how it is integrated into the practice of a Christian life.
What the Key Duties and Responsibilities Are:
● Create an environment conducive to learning that aligns with Compass College of Film & Media’ standards and policies based on our description of a Christian Media College.
● Demonstrate a strong work ethic, people skills, and integrity in how you interact with the student, staff, faculty, and professionals.
● Perform lectures for campus courses. Teaching will be conducted through on-campus delivery in either one (1) or two (2) sessions per week. Our class times run between 8:30a and 8:30p this term.
● Create and/or Update Curriculum and activities that meet college, accreditation, and industry standards.
● Interact in a positive manner in a diverse student population and provide all with equal opportunities for learning and growth.
● Demonstrate a commitment to the mission and values of Compass College of Film & Media.
● Adhere to Compass College of Film & Media’ policies and procedures, including grading and attendance requirements.
● Maintain strict confidentiality of student and college information, this includes FERPA and Non-Disclosure covered materials.
● Grade and provide quality feedback within a week of the student submitting.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements of this Position:
A minimum of a master’s degree with appropriate academic coursework and preparation in the subject area(s) taught.
Certifications, Licenses, and Registrations:
Competencies and Skills:
● Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
● Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
● Strong ability to proofread and edit for grammar and punctuation
● Ability to work independently and collaboratively with teachers and college staff
● Ability to interact with students and colleagues professionally and constructively at all levels
● Proficiency in using software such as Office 365, Adobe Creative Cloud, and other industry-standard software.
Compass College of Film & Media is an English based speaking institution. While other languages and cultural lexicon are respected, we maintain an English based curriculum and communication system.
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office, classroom, and set environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and perform lectures, use industry stand equipment in correlation to the course they teach, maintain active student and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system. May be subject to; bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds unassisted.