Sales - Full-time
Bargain Department Buyer
Reports to: Store Manager FLSA: Non-exempt
Department: Retail Shift: Full-Time
Location: Kentwood Pay Grade: R-2
- Order and purchase merchandise which is consistent with the mission and values of Baker Book House.
- Negotiate prices, discount terms, and shipping arrangements with suppliers.
- Create items and prepare purchase orders in store inventory system.
- Submit purchase orders to supplier with appropriate discounts and terms
- Research pricing and price competitively on online marketplaces and in-store.
- Sticker, arrange, and display merchandise to promote sales.
- Markdown product in a timely manner.
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, cost breakouts, and department budget up to date.
- Maintain good relationships with vendors, reps, and uphold a high level of product knowledge.
- Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts and know how to prevent or handle these situations.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, maintaining them over time.
- Participate in team initiatives, meetings, internal and external events, and other assigned responsibilities.
- Maintain department: merchandise, inventory, organization, cleaning, etc.
Other tasks not on this list may be assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Customer and Personal Service ability to assess customer needs and provide outstanding customer service.
- Sales and Marketing Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products.
- Attention to Detail Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- English Language & Mathematics The ability to understand and communicate information in both oral and written formats. Knowledge of basic mathematics and statistical analysis.
- Adaptability/Flexibility Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Tools & Technology Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and an ability to navigate e-mail, Point of Sale, Internet, database, and inventory management software.
- Physical Qualifications – Must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Ability to lift, bend, and twist is required.
- Job Requirements:
Education: High-School diploma or equivalency.
Experience: 1-2 years of previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required for this occupation.
A knowledge the academic book market is a plus.
Our Mission at Baker Book House is to equip the church to live and grow in faith, guiding her to engage quality Christian books, products, and community.Apply Now