Other - Full-time
The Program Manager for Workforce Development will work to manage efforts to increase and improve workforce opportunities and experiences with businesses, organizations, and job seekers in the neighborhoods Amplify GR (AGR) serves. Much of this work is connected to Amplify GR’s Innovation Strong initiative focused on the neighborhoods surrounding Madison Square in southeast Grand Rapids. The position will support the Director of Economic Opportunities by tracking and managing compliance with federal grant requirements, operationalizing grant activities, and writing progress reports. The position will also support business owners and job seekers in the target geography.
Innovation Strong is a place-based community and economic development initiative focused on job creation and retention, business growth, and employee support. This work is driven by a collaborative group of businesses and non-profits serving the workforce development needs of neighbors in the 49507-zip code.
Current grant funding will support the work of the Innovation Strong initiative and this position through 2026. However, the need for and duration of this position is expected to exceed the current grant funding.
Targeted annual salary range: $55,000-$65,000
To learn more about the work of AmplifyGR visit www.amplifygr.org.
Our Unique Benefits
We are intentional about enriching our employment experiences through a unique blend of benefit offerings that include:
- Robust health insurance options with competitive employer contributions.
- 401k retirement plan with a generous employer match of up to 7.5%.
- Paid time off programs including vacation time, sick time, and paid holidays.
- Training reimbursement programs.
- Discounted memberships to MVP Sportsplex.
What You’ll Do
- Work under the supervision of The Director of Economic Opportunities to manage and advance the organizations Workforce Development Strategies.
- Track and manage success metrics for Innovation Strong program; fulfill and monitor compliance of federal grant reporting requirements.
- Align project goals and implement best practices for supporting neighborhood revitalization and economic development.
- Support the needs of partner employers by facilitating community relationships.
- Develop, manage, and facilitate employee/employer training sessions.
- Support existing and establish new community partnerships that promote:
- neighborhood-based hiring and economic vitality (e.g., non-profits, employers, job seekers, etc.)
- employee retention
- leadership development, executive coaching and workforce training
- social and environmental sustainability goals
- Support small business development activities including but not limited to scaling, job creation, recruitment and financial sustainability.
- Plan and implement networking and development events for business owners, employees, and families in the target neighborhood.
- Implement tracking process using online data collection and relationship management software.
- Write progress reports for internal and external use.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Bring
- Academic studies in business administration, human resources, public policy, social sciences or equivalent work experience.
- Workforce development experience required; experience working with businesses with 10-30+ employees preferred.
- Enjoys collecting and reporting data to improve the quality of life for neighbors.
- Self-motivated team player able to work with a variety of employers and business owners on employment and business development needs.
- Passionate about economic vitality for neighbors living in Grand Rapids 49507-zip code.
- Demonstrated ability to work within the parameters of public and/or private grants.
- Demonstrated professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of local and state economic development resources.
- Computer skills sufficient to perform essential functions.
- Uncompromising commitment to highest level of confidentiality in all aspects of job responsibilities.