Administrative / Office Management / Clerical - Part-time
MINISTRY TITLE: Administrative Assistant DATE: 2/23/2021
Hillside Church’s Vision Statement: We strive to follow Jesus and love others through authentic community.
Ministry Purpose: The administrative assistant facilitates the flow of information and communication between the public and the church staff, keeps the daily functions of the church office running efficiently, and manages the resources needed for the ministries of the church to be effective.
1. Provide general secretarial services for all staff members and church leaders.
2. Serve as a receptionist, greeting visitors and answering the telephone
3. Maintain current information on the sign at the church entrance.
4. Help with mailings as needed.
5. Assist with marketing and communication needs under the supervision of Communications and media Director
5. Additional help to staff as needed.
Responsible to: Executive Administrator including a yearly evaluation of job performance.
Works closely with: Pastors, Staff, Committee members, and volunteers.
1. Possess a personal belief in the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior.
2. A dedication to serve in a church office and the biblical values associated with that service.
3. Be in agreement with Hillside’s stated vision and mission.
4. Maintain a friendly, congenial attitude in personal contacts.
5. Relevant education and training as required to fulfill the duties of the position
6. Be proficient in Microsoft Office.
7. Ability to use and navigate online resources.
8. Working knowledge of office technology.
Time required: 15 hours per week – generally consisting of a Tuesday & Friday schedule from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Compensation: The job will be compensated according to the educational background and experience of the person. Wage is to be determined each year according to the staff person’s annual performance review.