Accounting / Finance - Full-time
This position is responsible for performing accounts payable and general accounting functions for numerous entities affiliated with RDV Corporation. The Senior Accountant and Accounts Payable Specialist work together as a team to ensure invoices are processed accurately and paid by the due date. This team also provides outstanding customer service to our clients and works collaboratively across departments to help achieve company objectives.
Culture of Care
At RDV Corporation, we recruit only the most talented people who are highly capable, energetic, positive, results focused, and who naturally contribute to a premier service-oriented culture. In turn, our employees experience competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits programs that enhance their lives and experiences. They also enjoy a workplace that is meaningful, engaging, and collaborative; a place where they can grow their career in the vibrant heart of downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process invoices using our electronic invoicing system. This includes ensuring invoice information is accurately captured by the OCR reader, coding invoices to the correct general ledger account, routing for approval, and troubleshooting issues as they arise.
- Ensure vendors are paid timely via check, ACH, wire, or autopay.
- Maintain complete and accurate vendor information.
- Prepare 1099 and 1096 forms.
- Maintain historical accounts payable files.
- Maintain accounts payable procedures.
- Process expense reports using SAP Concur.
- Prepare routine financial statements for assigned entities.
- Reconcile accounts receivable and deposit accounts.
- Perform general ledger maintenance.
- Perform general ledger analysis as needed.
- Prepare ad hoc reports as necessary.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Work closely with Senior Accountant(s) to ensure completion of assignments.
- Contribute to process improvements and efficiency initiatives within the Accounting Department.
- Assist with accounting projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Elements of Success
- Associates degree in Accounting or Business
- Prefer two years of relevant experience
- Must possess strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Demonstrates professional demeanor and service-oriented attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel software required.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and processing for numerous entities.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management in a professional and highly confidential corporate environment.
- Uncompromised commitment to the highest level of confidentiality in all aspects of job responsibilities.