Accounting / Finance - Part-time
As an integral part of the CDV5 Finance and Accounting team, the Accountant will perform core accounting services for a portfolio of companies. The incumbent of this position will have the flexibility to work remotely after the initial onboarding and training period.
Culture of Care
RDV Staffing provides domestic, household and property related positions predominately in West Michigan. We recruit only the most skilled and dedicated people who are service-oriented, collaborative, adaptable, and who possess the highest level of integrity. Our employees experience a meaningful workplace where they can make a valuable and appreciated impact in the household(s) that they serve. Full-time employees of RDV Staffing are eligible for a robust healthcare program, 401(k) plan with a generous 7.5% match, time off, and other meaningful benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop solid working knowledge of portfolio companies.
- Perform month and year end processes, accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, payroll, and fixed assets.
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Prepare other balance sheet reconciliations
- Regularly communicates with Finance Manager to address issues or concerns.
- Work with Financial Analyst to provide narrative surrounding financial activity.
- Work collaboratively with the Finance Manager and Financial Analyst to develop and implement adequate internal controls to safeguard assets, including cash and credit card activity.
- Assist with credit card and expense reporting programs as needed.
- Prepare and run payroll for several entities.
- Prepare and complete monthly sales tax payments and reporting.
- Prepare and complete quarterly payroll tax reporting, including 941s.
- Prepare year-end reporting including 1099, W2s, and 940s.
- Build strong working relationships with and serve as liaison to co-workers and business leaders.
- Maintain weekly rhythm of communication with the Finance Manager to provide progress updates and address concerns.
- In collaboration with the Finance Manager and Financial Analyst perform due diligence activities.
- Stay abreast of accounting best practices. Make recommendations to improve processes and create efficiencies as necessary.
- Prepare additional reports and perform special projects as assigned.
Elements of Success
- Bachelor’s of Accounting Degree.
- 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience.
- Experience working within a multiple entity structure preferred.
- Dedication to and encouragement of team atmosphere at CDV5.
- A high level of professional discipline, personal integrity and financial acumen that inspires confidence from others.
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality, while also having the curiosity and ability to determine the root causes.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills.
- Must be a responsible, dedicated, dependable, and self-directed person of highest integrity; organized and reliable; positive in attitude; and one who demonstrates pride in service which he/she provides.
- Ability to anticipate needs and make recommendations accordingly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong organizational and process improvement skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with efficiency.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Privacy and security are of critical importance; the highest level of confidentiality must be exercised at all times.