Accounting / Finance - Full-time
Summary of Responsibilities: The Accounts Manager is responsible for tracking and managing the financial data for Dégagé Ministries by recording and tracking all financial transactions, maintaining records, running reports, and working with senior staff to ensure the accuracy of all financial data in order to maintain and plan for the financial health of the organization.
The Mission Statement: To reflect the love of Christ to all who come through our doors by building relationships and offering programs that foster dignity and respect.
The Vision Statement: For those we serve, we will be a community that overcomes obstacles, celebrates transformation, and realizes the full potential of all as children of God.
Statement of Faith: Employees affirm and accept the ministry of Dégagé to be a faith based organization founded on the message and love of Jesus Christ, and further affirm the mission statement of Dégagé as stated above. Employees will be asked to sign a Statement of Faith at time of employment.
· An accounting degree or similar education and accounting work experience.
· A strong commitment to Christ and to serving through word and deed in an inner city ministry setting.
· The ability to work with, encourage, motivate and lead people from all areas of the social spectrum.
· The ability to set the example by treating those whom we serve with dignity and respect.
· The ability to convey with passion the goals and vision of Dégagé.
· The ability to delegate, organize and prioritize independently.
· Possess the ability and desire to be a team player working to fulfill the mission of Degage along side other staff members.
· Proficient in donor software (Little Green Light preferred), Quick Books, Paychex payroll software, and other pertinent computer software.
· Possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
· The ability to work flexible hours as needed.
· The ability to handle highly sensitive material in a confidential manner.
· Perform all bookkeeping duties including but not limited to accounts payable (General Fund & other funds), facilitate deposits, perform bank reconciliations, enter data into Quick Books, and assist the Business Director with the compilation of all information for the annual audit.
· Assist with Board Meeting preparations including, but not limited to, editing reports, compiling board packets, and setting up materials and name plates on day of meeting
· Oversee supply and disbursement of cash on hand for program needs.
· Participate in special events as requested
· Attend staff meetings
· Represent Degage Ministries on committees as requested by the Executive Director
· Other duties as deemed necessary in assisting the staff in reaching Degage Ministries’ goals
· Manage our In Kind Donations databaseApply Now