Other Ministries - Full-time
The Warehouse Level 2 position is the senior level warehouse position and is responsible for maintaining a world class level of warehousing/logistics integrity. This position ensures compliance with established inventory control procedures, proper use of space and equipment through statistical analysis, continuous improvement initiatives for safety/quality/productivity, and excellent collaboration with the various Print Services departments.
- Frontline leader for inventory management.
- Receives, adjusts, transfers, prepares, and ships inventory/product as needed.
- Warehouse/Inventory profiling, analysis, and reporting.
- Utilize WMS, Production Systems, and Scheduling software to create and release order Waves, initiating warehouse, DC fulfillment, and mailing activities.
- Maintain accurate records of ODB materials held off site/out of system.
- Maintain & track accurate records of all scrapped materials (including costs) and provide data driven recommendations to the SCM team.
- Maintain working knowledge of USPS and other major postal carrier regulations.
- Follow and enforce all proper plant/warehouse/dock safety procedures.
- Coordinates and performs scheduled cycle counts (daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly)
- Leads the annual inventory count/audit with the Inventory Manager.
- Consult with SCM to ensure that logistics, inventory, and general warehousing of printed materials and supplies are maintained safely, accurately, and within deadlines.
- Assist in the development and implementation of SOPs and training for warehouse and fulfillment workflows and equipment.
- Understand and support the special mailing and fulfillment requirements of the ministry and its customers.
Study or Knowledge and Experience
Associate Degree – OR – Equivalent Experience
10+ years experience in the Warehouse/Logistics/Distribution/Fulfillment industry.
Strong command of industry standard safety practices/procedures/audits.
Strong command of Warehouse & Production Management tools (WMS, EDI, ERP, Schedule Program, etc…)
Microsoft Office skills.
Familiarity with systems/software required to produce shipping documents for USPS and other shipping companies (Pitney Bowes, Direct Point Mail Services, United Business Mail, UPSMI, etc…)
Strong working knowledge of mailing and fulfillment methods including, but not limited to:
- Familiarity with various methods of USPS classifications and other special shipping options.
- Familiarity with forms and documents required by USPS and other shipping companies.
- Procedures for delivering materials to bulk mail facilities, locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Basic knowledge of graphic arts products and services.
- Familiar with pick and pack systems and scanner equipment (WMS, Slingshot, Scheduling)
Forklift/HILO/Order Picker certified/licensed -PLUS- Minimum 10 years forklift experience.
Strive to live a life consistent with Biblical principles and demonstrate continued growth and spiritual development.
Internal Work Environment:
Extensive communication with mailing/fulfillment teams, Information Services, Supply Chain, Maintenance Engineer team, and Print Services Management. Topics will be technical and complex at times. Ensures that the standards and procedures for Our Daily Bread inventory and Print Services workflows are implemented throughout the organization.
External Communication Requirements:
Extensive external communication with a wide range of vendors and postal system providers (domestic and international). Topics will be technical and complex at times.
Directs the warehouse staff in the absence of the warehouse manager.
Stewardship of Resources:
Key stakeholder of inventory management – Maintaining accurate files of all inventory classes and levels.
Regular walking, bending, lifting, and driving of forklift equipment.
Our Daily Bread Ministries is a nondenominational nonprofit with staff and volunteers across the globe and resources distributed in 150 countries and in more than 50 languages. As a global ministry faithful to biblical principles, our commitment to diversity is reflected in our ministry’s mission, vision, values, and ethos.Apply Now