Other - Seasonal/Temporary
Habitat for Humanity of Kent County seeks to put God’s love into action by bringing people together to build homes, community, and hope! Our vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Currently Habitat Kent is posting for an open position— Volunteer Services Coordinator.
This is a part-time, temporary non-exempt position. Core work hours of Wednesday 8:00am-12:30pm, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday 7am-1:30pm (24 hours per week) are needed. This position is needed from May through August to manage our summer builds and events. The pay range for the position is $12.00/hr up to $15.00/hr.
This position in accordance with the affiliate’s mission, vision, and core values provides support for volunteers in conjunction with other team members. The Coordinator helps ensure that all public relations, community outreach, and volunteer recruitment efforts provide a consistent message about the mission of Habitat Kent and its need for community partners. The Coordinator will schedule volunteer groups, conduct volunteer orientations, ensure volunteer sites are adequately supplied, and support other needs within the department.
· Responsible for morning construction site and ReStore volunteer check in, volunteer waiver form collection, orientation chats, supply stocking, and for creating a welcoming, safe environment for all volunteers on site in cooperation with the construction team.
· Respond to volunteer inquiries and schedule individuals and groups for ReStores, construction sites, material recovery, and other event participation.
· Communicate with volunteers in a timely manner regarding changes to volunteer schedule and volunteer orientation schedules as determined by Volunteer Services Manager.
· Respond in a timely manner to last minute construction staff requests related to volunteer materials/needs on sites and coordinate with volunteers for pick up/deliver materials as needed.
· Manage inventory and ordering of hospitality items, create tubs of items for sites, update homebuyer info boards at sites, and keep volunteer services area of the warehouse organized.
· Assist in providing oversight of volunteer relationships with the community service program and providing reports as requested by case managers and courts.
· Represent Habitat Kent at community events and volunteer fairs.
· Other assigned duties.
· Some college preferred or equivalent experience in volunteer management, event planning, communications, etc.
· Exceptional attention to detail, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills; ability to speak in front of groups; flexible in adjusting priorities quickly as circumstances dictate.
· Ability to work well with diverse groups of people.
· Comfortable taking initiative and working independently.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (specifically Excel), Outlook, online database exposure (Volunteer Hub)
· Must have reliable transportation.
This is a part-time, temporary non-exempt position. Core work hours of Wednesday 8:00am-12:30pm, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday 7am-1:30pm (24 hours per week) are needed. This position is needed from May through August to manage our summer builds and events.