Other - Full-time
Responsible for the Our Daily Bread’s US membership base for all audience segments and content efforts (print, publishing, film, audio, mobile and online learning) as well as implementing plans for overall US-based marketing & communication plans.
- Drive the US marketing strategy, audience acquisition, audience retention and donation portfolio in support of Our Daily Bread’s Mission, Vision, marketing & content objectives
- Working closely with the SVP of Global Marketing and SVP of US Operations, designs strategies and tactics for new member growth, acquisitions, retention and contributions in the US; across all channels (print, digital, audio, video etc.) and ministry efforts (product lines)
- The VP will develop an innovative, quality, communications and marketing plans for all audiences and channels within the ministries content portfolio (devotional, publishing, film, radio, audio, digital, mobile & online learning).
- Collaborates with research team to apply market research and data-driven approaches to target audience, content and outreach efforts
- Working closely with the SVP of Global Marketing and SVP of US Operations, designs and monitors key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Fosters deeper member engagement and usage of multiple ODB products (ODB Devotionals, ODB Publishing, ODB Films, ODB Audio etc.)
- A 10+ member team of member services, US operations, Offer management, trade publishing, sales, media marketing, partnerships and marketing project management will all report in to this critical role.
- The VP will be responsible for ODB’s varied and integrated communications products and services including devotional, publishing, audio, film, mobile and online learning. He/she will also develop and implement a strategic marketing plans and manage a team of 10+ professionals
- Champions the utilization of Salesforce to provide the ministry with detailed and accurate information about the audience segments ODB serves in the US
- Develop and implement integrated, strategic marketing plans to advance ODB’s brand identity; broaden awareness of its products and programs; and increase the engagement of its targeted audiences in key content strategies.
- Create marketing/audience engagement strategy that will allow Our Daily Bread to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted audiences, including both current and future readers.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the US Marketing department including budgeting, planning, and staff development.
- Recruit and manage a marketing team to support the development and execution of the Audience strategy.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
Study or Knowledge and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, or related field is required; Masters Degree is preferred
• Minimum 8 years experience in a significant management role of a highly-productive marketing team in a non-profit organization or mission-driven organization
• Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a comprehensive strategic marketing, influencer relationships, and communication programs to advance an organization’s mission and goals
• Strong understanding of analytics and technology as it interfaces and impacts growth strategies
• Creative and strategic in utilizing new media technologies and trends
• Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output
• Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team of marketing specialists
• Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Self-reliant, professional positive, collaborative, results-oriented and energetic leader
• Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
• Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management
• Must be capable of strategic and tactical planning within the framework of Marketing and leading a team of marketing specialists
• At least 8 years of professional experience in Marketing management
• A proven and high-level of human-centered marketing competency is a must
• Must be capable of coordinating multiple marketing efforts and keep track of the details of several simultaneous projects.
• Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and show initiative in dealing with other individuals/groups/vendors.
• Excellent and diplomatic oral/written communication skills including negotiation skills as needed.
• Strive to live a life consistent with biblical principles and demonstrate continued growth and spiritual development.
Internal Work Environment
• Must be capable of diplomatic partnership style communication with the assigned ministry effort team(s).
• Excellent and diplomatic oral/written communication required.
• Persuasion, discretion, and tact needed to educate and gain support for complex marketing efforts with individuals and/or groups throughout the organization.
External Work Environment
• High degree of communication required in networking with other organizations, consultants and vendors. Professionalism, tact, and persuasion required.
• Responsible for decisions that will affect how our public views Our Daily Bread Ministries.
• Provide direction and lead all US efforts related to marketing.
• Lead the US marketing team responsible for the associated marketing activity.
• Able to lead with excellence and provide explanation of marketing efforts to involved departments/individuals so that all involved fully understand project goal(s), expected results, and required services.
• Provide direction and clarity on decisions affecting marketing in regards to offers, scheduling, and other related needs.
Stewardship of Resources
• Responsible for the continued success of all marketing efforts
• Responsible for the outcome and response of all marketing efforts in the form of lives ministered to and contributions received.
Some travel required. Based on biblical principles, our statement of faith and the richness of our organization’s history, we will strive to reflect our commitment to diversity by honoring the ministry’s mission, vision, values/ethos and guiding principles.
Our Daily Bread strives to embody a Biblically based commitment to Diversity and Inclusion