Other - Full-time
Deliver world class creative direction of multi-channel digital-first content and will be responsible for driving the current and future Our Daily Bread brand and user experience design strategy, and creating an active learning atmosphere where all teams are embracing the opportunities uncovered through human-centered design.
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship for a team of designers to drive compelling creative and holistic UX thinking across multiple Our Daily Bread experiences to achieve objectives against the ministries’ mission, vision and strategy.
- Guides the translation of marketing and content objectives into brand strategies and compelling creative execution across all channels and ministry efforts (products)
- Build a culture of design excellence within the organization, establishing high expectations for strategy, delivery of highly engaging designs, and leveraging of best practices for delivery
- Maintain and oversee up-to-date design patterns, trends, and best practices that can be leveraged and applied across the organization to advance human-centered designs across the ministry
- Oversee and define the development of product designs; including research, scenarios, wireframes, prototypes, design systems, usability testing and defining specifications
- Build and cultivate strong relationships and interactions with internal stakeholders within the ministry so that leadership can efficiently deliver compelling, well-informed audience experiences
- Engage with customers and internal stakeholders to get feedback on design needs and help steer product features based upon those inputs and market needs
- Partner and participate on cross-functional teams within an Agile development methodology and deliver new design work on schedule
- Maintain strong awareness of the competitive landscape and UX trends, while constantly searching for new creative ideas, research methodologies, technology, and innovation outlets
- Reviews photography, video, illustrations, copy and layouts with designers to improve and refine to ensure alignment with brand standards and unify the vision of the brand functionally and emotionally
- Guides the activities of both internal and external partners and ensures projects are delivered on time, on budget, and in a manner that represents the brand authentically and resolves brand inconsistencies
- Manages the daily planning, implementation, and execution of key marketing programs in a dynamic work environment.
- Responsible for annual budget planning
Study or Knowledge and Experience:
- Degree in UX/UI Design. Graduate level degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience with human-centered, strategic and UX design
- 5+ years of senior design leadership.
- Experience in design-thinking or other structured innovation methodologies.
- Proven ability to set up the right systems, tools, processes and guidelines to scale a superior UX design across a large, diverse, global organization.
- Well-developed strategic-thinking skills, with the ability to excite and lead others in a highly collaborative environment.
- Sense of urgency with disposition to execute and a demonstrated career of successful design implementations.
- Hands-on capabilities, and proven experience in gathering and transforming user experiences.
- Understanding of customer transactions and communication, marketing and operational work-flows
- Strong user experience design sense, with a record of building great products.
- Ability to think like a customer and see our experiences through an audience-centric view.
- Prefer design experience within a collaborative and iterative SAFE (scaled agile framework) process
- Strive to live a life consistent with Biblical principles and demonstrate continued growth and spiritual development.
Our Daily Bread strives to embody a Biblically based commitment to Diversity and Inclusion