Accounting / Finance - Full-time
The Vice President of Business Affairs, CFO will be an integral part of a dedicated and highly skilled executive leadership team, responsible for providing outstanding customized service to our Clients. Maintaining a high level of Client satisfaction is critical to the success of this position.
The individual in this role will provide superior leadership and oversight of core financial services and information technology, including initiatives, vision and strategy, planning, implementation, and administration of financial governance, estate planning, wealth management, compliance, and taxation.
Reporting relationship: Chief Executive Officer
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Effectively lead a professional and highly competent team and external partners; set goals and direction.
• Provide ongoing feedback; develop, mentor, and motivate direct reports; lead by setting a good example; create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, and cohesive team effort.
Strategy, Planning, and Tax Management:
· Serve as a strategic business partner to the CEO, leadership team, and Clients.
· Assess and evaluate the financial performance of the organization regarding long-term operational goals.
· Develop financial and tax strategies.
· Maintain relationships with tax advisors to provide timelyinformation and ensure overall alignment on tax planning and compliance opportunities.
· Manage annual compliance timeline ensuring information is gathered and shared with tax advisors is reliable and accurate and various deadlines are met.
· Monitor and direct the implementation of financial strategic business plans.
· Develop performance measures and monitoring systems that support the organization’s strategic direction.
· Create and establish annual financial objectives that align with the organization’s business plans.
· Align strategy and business direction with long-term performance targets, missions, and visions.
· Serve as a key point of contact for external partners and the community.
Financial Relations and Policies:
· Provide fiduciary oversight for a diverse portfolio of financial interests; use financial expertise in collaboration with the team to improve upon and oversee wealth management, tax planning, and provide Clients with outstanding financial support.
· Advise on long-term business and financial planning.
· Serve as a trusted member of the Investment Committee.
· Oversee the alignment, engagement, and management of certain third parties to which financial functions have been outsourced.
· Forge strong relationships with external partners; work through challenges and communicate concerns when expectations are unmet.
Aircraft Program Management:
· Manage tax planning of the aircraft program.
· Evaluate usage and policies that create value for clients.
· Compliance with federal regulations.
· Manage organizational compliance requirements.
· Stay current with due diligence and other governmental compliance requirements (KYC, AML and CTA administration).
· Develop strategies to mitigate impacts of compliance requirements.
· Oversee the information technology team, initiatives, and service, driving change through optimizing technological advancements.
· Maximize the effectiveness of resources and solution-driven results.
· Remaining up to date with advances in technology and industry best practices.
• Understand and help mitigate key elements of the organization’s risk profile.
• Work collaboratively with other leaders.
• Exercise sound judgment and an appropriate sense of urgency.
• Complete other projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree in a related field and CPA or CFP highly desirable.
• At least 10-15 years of progressively more responsible experience in accounting and financial management practices.
• Exceptional leadership experience and skills required; demonstrated leadership ability, confidence, and executive presence.
• Experience that shows a proven ability to lead the Information Technology department.
• Prior experience with a similar role is desirable.
• Prior family office experience is highly desirable.
• Investment savvy, having excellent business acumen.
• Understanding of advanced accounting, regulatory issues, and tax planning.
• A strategic thinker having exceptional diplomacy, verbal and written communication skills, and innovative problem-solving skills.
• Proven track record of providing outstanding customer service with a professional, tactful demeanor.
• Strong relationship management skills with a consultative approach and excellent listening skills; ability to build and encourage mutually beneficial relationships at every level.
• Occasional travel may be required, including international (passport required, or ability to obtain after hire).
• Must maintain the highest standards of professional conduct, ethics, and integrity in all operations.
• Uncompromised commitment to the highest level of confidentiality and sensitivity to privacy in all aspects of job responsibilities must be exercised at all times.