Mechanical - Full-time
Truck & Trailer Specialties, Inc. is hiring a Service Mechanic for our Dutton truck building operation. We are looking for individuals that have mechanical, repair, and welding experience in your work, and a work history demonstrating a good work ethic. Your reliability, work ethic, and good attendance are a must.
We place high value on integrity, work ethic, team player attitude, and innovation.
The ability to weld is needed and owning a set of hand tools (or willing to purchase) is a plus. The tasks include assembly, welding, fabricating, metal cutting, troubleshooting issues.
We are a small family-owned company building large municipal trucks: installing and servicing plows, hitches, dump boxes, salt spreaders, wings, scrapers, lift gate, lift axles. This position would be primarily servicing the equipment that we install with opportunities to install as needed.
Satisfying Physical Work!
Fully Paid Health Insurance!
Our benefits include:
- Fully paid, low deductible, platinum health insurance plan for yourself and eligible family
- Dental, Vision, Life, Disability insurances
- 3% of your income to your 401(k) account, regardless of employee contribution level
- Two bonuses per year, up to 5% of your annual earnings each time
- Paid time off after 90 days, six paid holidays per year
- Annual tool allowance fund
- Tool purchase assistance available
Standard hours are M-F 7-5, and two Saturday mornings a month, averaging 50 hours per week.
Annual earnings with OT will be $55,000-$80,000.
You must hold a valid driver’s license and be able to pass a drug screen.
Check out our shop video: https://youtu.be/eFukfA2dKiM
Essential Job Functions:
- Understand, diagnose, and repair electric circuits (wiring) for electrical accessories including lighting, automatic salting controls, sensors, and switches
- Understand, diagnose, and repair installed equipment: plows, wings, scrapers, salt spreaders, lift gates and axles, dump bodies
- Understand, diagnose, and repair hydraulic components and systems including pumps, valves, hoses, and filter assemblies
- Daily communication with manager to assess, understand, and adhere to job processes and identify the parts and materials required for repairs
- Ten-hour shift
For your safety, keep in mind:
- Heavy lifting is required – 50 pounds or more would not be unusual
- Twisting, bending, reaching, stretching are required
- Long periods of standing
- Shop noise, dust, moving mechanical parts, vehicles
- Exposure to hot and cold temperatures