Administrative / Office Management / Clerical - Full-time
Internal-External Vacancy Announcement
September 23, 2022
Position: Location: Reports To: Work Year: Salary Range: Benefits:
Transportation Secretary Transportation Department Transportation Director
52 week position – 40 Hours per week Based on experience; Minimum of $16.20
Paid Family Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance. Generous PTO includes Vacation, Sick & Personal Days As available
The Transportation Secretary is responsible for providing administrative support to the Director of Transportation. Position is responsible for managing the daily functions of the Transportation front office. Position will ensure the administrative needs of the department are met in an efficient and timely manner.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Greets employees and visitors to the office while maintaining a positive and professional attitude; uses proper business etiquette to answer telephone calls and emails; responds to presenting needs and provides appropriate responses and referrals; takes messages and relays information as needed
• Answer routine phone calls, take messages, communicate & assist with drivers on a daily basis
• Respond to bus driver’s radio communication and requests
• Assists in all aspects of routing using Poly Plot routing software program – Update, Print & Distribute routes on a daily basis
• Responsible for all aspects of Field/Athletic Trips
• Inputs data for billing purposes on a daily basis
• CDL Certified-Sub driver – Available to sub on bus routes
• Assists drivers in the management of student discipline
• Serve as a substitute driver, as needed
• Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor
• Provide exceptional customer service to District Stakeholders
• Highly flexible with good attendance
• Maintain a professional manner at all times
• Analyze complex problems and formulate effective solutions
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
• Operate a variety of office equipment including a computer and assigned software
• Work independently with little or no direction
• Be detail-oriented, organized, accurate, thorough, and monitor work for quality
• Utilize interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
• Make decisions based on sound judgment, honesty and integrity
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Previous school transportation experience preferred, but not required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: CDL or willingness to earn licensure required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus, especially due to concentration on a computer screen and small numbers.
The Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, (including sexual orientation and transgender identity), disability, age, religion, height, weight, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected category, (collectively, “Protected Classes”), in its programs and activities, including employment opportunitiesApply Now