Accounting / Finance - Full-time
The Tax Accountant is responsible for workpaper and tax return preparation, estimated tax calculations, and preparation of tax-related correspondences. The Tax Accountant will collaborate with the tax team to provide exceptional service and counsel to the business entities, individuals, trusts, and foundations that RDV Corporation serves.
Our Unique Benefits
At RDV, we are intentional about enriching our culture and employee experiences through a unique blend of benefit offerings that include:
- Robust health insurance options with competitive employer contributions.
- 401k retirement plan with a generous employer match of up to 7.5%.
- Grab and Go Deli/Market with employer-provided account credit of $650/year.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) starting at 22 days per year in addition to 9 paid holidays.
- Fun culinary experiences and connecting with co-workers at monthly catered lunches, free of charge to employees.
- Employer paid parking in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids.
- Education and training reimbursement programs.
- Discounted memberships to MVP Sportsplex.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with the tax team in the detailed and accurate preparation of tax returns. This may include some of or all the following tax returns for individuals, trusts, business entities and foundations:
- Federal and state income tax returns
- Personal property tax returns
- Sales and use tax returns
- Excise tax returns
- Calculation of estimated tax payments
- Partner with the tax team on some of or all the following:
- Depreciation calculations using fixed asset depreciation software
- Correspondence related to IRS and state notices
- Research related to tax issues on reporting of income and deductions
- Maintain basis calculations on investments
- Work with other departments within RDV Corporation to obtain information required to complete tax work.
What You’ll Bring
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Minimum of one year of experience in public accounting or equivalent.
- CPA license preferred.
- Must have a strong attention to detail with the ability to analyze general ledger and financial statement information and the ability to understand sophisticated tax issues.
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities.
- Proficient in tax return preparation software and Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Uncompromised commitment to highest level of confidentiality in all aspects of job responsibilities.