Human Relations - Full-time
The Talent Services Partner acts as a full talent related partner to area(s) of the organization including RDV Corporation, OAPC, and RDV Staffing/Households, possesses a thorough understanding of their current and future needs, and pro-actively delivers value added Talent Services and consultancy services to meet and exceed those needs.
Culture of Care
At RDV Corporation, we recruit only the most talented people who are highly capable, energetic, positive, results focused, and who naturally contribute to a premier service-oriented culture. In turn, our employees experience competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits programs that enhance their lives and experiences. They also enjoy a workplace that is meaningful, engaging, and collaborative; a place where they can grow their career in the vibrant heart of downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a contact for all aspects of Talent Services related needs, employee relations issues, as well as assisting with strategic human resource issues, projects and services.
- Provides exceptionally positive experiences to all current and potential employees, leaders, and constituencies through delivering value added services with a high-level of professionalism delivered with compassion and a healthy dose of a “human touch.”
- Consults, advises, and facilitates on a wide variety of employee issues; including selection, retention, recruitment, restructure, position/department alignment, job descriptions, disciplinary issues, individual and team development, etc.
- Pro-actively looks for, suggests, and acts on alternative, creative, and innovative ways to best accomplish superior talent and employee related outcomes.
- Exhibits foresight in recognizing potential workforce problems and/or needs and pro-actively develops solutions.
- Displays proficiency in assessing and articulating solution options along with associated potential consequences, outcomes, and/or risks to provide a “total picture” for recommendations and informed decision making.
- Facilitates talent selection, recruitment, onboarding, and engagement activities in order to ensure the organization is adding and retaining the best, most elite group of talented individuals who are also the right cultural fit.
- Provides guidance, counsel, and policy interpretation on a range of simple to moderately complex HR issues.
- Acts as a consultant to identify and address root causes of HR issues and implement effective solutions.
- Consults with managers and assists with discipline and performance expectations issues.
- Provides coaching and feedback on how to improve individual and team performance to meet strategic and tactical goals and objectives.
- Assists Talent Services Leadership with identifying, creating and facilitating training and development programs to meet the needs of the entire organization and/or to specific functional areas.
- Investigates employee complaints, recommends actions and partners with management to implement solutions.
- Establishes and fosters an environment of open communication and problem resolution between all levels of positions within and outside of Talent Services.
- Successfully leads assigned Talent Services related projects.
- Assists with projects involving a higher degree of complexity and organizational impact.
- Actively supports team and organizational change initiatives.
- Reviews procedures and programs and recommends appropriate changes.
- Monitors compliance to employment laws and HR policies and procedures; takes action to ensure compliance.
- Assists in the oversight of policy administration to include updating, maintaining and interpreting of such policies. Recommends other needed policies and procedures.
- Facilitates exit interviews, identifies concerns, appropriately communicates those concerns, and makes recommendations based upon identified problems to improve retention.
- Remains informed of developing human resource trends and legislation and of developing internal human resource needs.
- Serves as a professional role model and provides coaching, mentoring, and counsel to more junior Talent Services team members.
- Serves on appropriate committees.
- Demonstrates and promotes organizational values, as well as the Talent Services Vision and Standards of Excellence.
- Provides GREAT service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Elements of Success
- Bachelor’s degree in management, human resources, or similar discipline required.
- SPHR and/or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years experience with progressively increased responsibilities in human resources.
- Proven ability to make a positive impact on the overall culture and outcomes of an organization through providing value added HR partnerships, exceptional experiences, and best in class HR practices.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral which transcends to diverse audiences at all levels of an organization.
- Successful track record of analyzing moderately complex problems and recommend appropriate and productive solutions.
- Proven successful collaboration skills to reach win-win solutions.
- Problem solving and conflict management skills with proven success in employee issue resolution.
- Must be highly motivated and solution oriented with a high degree of integrity, ethics, discretion, and dedication to the mission of the organization.
- Broad range of human resources and business experiences desired.
- Hands-on experience in navigating International human resource issues and complexities desired.
- Must occasionally be able to work an irregular schedule, additional hours and travel as required.