Other - Intern
We are looking for a passionate and talented student seeking an internship in end user support and systems administration. This hands-on position will work collaboratively with a team to support the design, implementation, operation, and maintenance of the technology systems of RDV Corporation. The Systems Administrator Intern will provide high-touch, end-user support to RDV employees related to desktops, systems, meeting spaces, and audio-visual requests.
What You’ll Do
- Appropriately address and respond to inquiries and problems in a timely manner.
- Work with RDV Corporation employees and executives in a pleasant, professional, confident, and confidential manner.
- Maintain the highest level of customer service and professionalism at all times.
- Understand and communicate complex technical ideas and structures to people with widely varying skills and interests. Excellent oral and written communication skills are necessary.
- Will be expected to learn new skills and will take increased amount of responsibility during the internship
- User onboarding and offboarding tasks
- Support computers and mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets.
- Install, modify, and make minor repairs to hardware and software.
- Provide technical assistance and training for general computer use.
- Administer and maintain peripherals such as printers and scanners.
- Support videoconferencing and presentation systems.
- Add, change, and delete software, such as operating systems, e-mail, and Office suites.
- Work with outside vendors to coordinate support, installation and repair of technology-related products and services.
- Participate in project meetings to discuss planning for IT projects.
- Provide custom training and training documentation as needed or requested.
- Develop and maintain procedures and documentation.
- Participate in other projects and support activities as assigned.
What You’ll Bring
- One (1) to Two (2) years’ experience in computer/technology support.
- Experience with the majority of the following technologies required:
- Windows 10 and 11 administration and support
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft Outlook administration and support
- Zoom and/or Microsoft Teams support
- Apple iPhone and iPad support
- Cellular technology/cellular networks, including voice, data, and mobile wireless (“aircard”) devices
- Network and Internet communications
- VMWare Workspace One/AirWatch or Microsoft Intune experience a plus
- Active Directory administration a plus
- Remote desktop technologies a plus
- Microsoft 365 or Microsoft Azure a plus
- PowerShell a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical capabilities
- Uncompromised commitment to the highest level of customer service and confidentiality in all aspects of job responsibilities
- Minimum of 4-hour shifts; Flexible hours per week (up to forty hours).
- Lifting fifty (50) pounds to a maximum height of four (4) feet.
- Climbing steps and stairs; stooping and bending.
- Must have a reliable vehicle to run errands as needed; mileage reimbursed at IRS rate.