Accounting / Finance - Full-time
Ottawa Avenue Private Capital (OAPC), an affiliate of RDV Corporation, is a registered investment advisor with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. OAPC manages an alternative asset portfolio that specializes in private equity, offering clients a single access point to top-tier middle-market Private Equity Sponsors across private equity, private credit, and secondary strategies. OAPC continues to experience rapid growth, creating a fast-paced and dynamic work environment for its employees.
The Staff Investment Accountant is primarily responsible for supporting day-to-day accounting activities for OAPC’s multiple private equity funds. This role will entail interaction with Senior Accountants, Accounting Manager, third-party administrator, and Investor Reporting team members and will offer exposure to many aspects of a growing Registered Investment Advisor.
Culture of Care
At RDV Corporation, we recruit only the most talented people who are highly capable, energetic, positive, results focused, and who naturally contribute to a premier service-oriented culture. In turn, our employees experience competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits programs that enhance their lives and experiences. They also enjoy a workplace that is meaningful, engaging, and collaborative; a place where they can grow their career in the vibrant heart of downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform daily cash movement activities for private equity funds including liaison with the third-party administrator.
- Allocate, track, and analyze all expenses of numerous private equity funds and the management company. Ensure all expenses charged comply with applicable governing documents.
- Aid in capital call and distribution preparation and execution. Reconcile all activity to system records and track cumulative activity.
- Assist with various quarterly reporting tie-outs and reconciliations.
- Coordinate with audit team on support documentation, respond to audit inquiries, and ensure timeliness of year-end audit deliverables.
- Assist Investor Reporting by obtaining necessary accounting support for response to investor inquires.
- Perform other miscellaneous projects as assigned.
Elements of Success
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Minimum one year of experience in accounting or related field.
- Detail-oriented and places emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize time sensitive tasks.
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor.
- Superior judgment and comfort level working with confidential, sensitive, and proprietary information, as well as an uncompromised commitment to the highest level of confidentiality in all aspects of the position and responsibilities.