Accounting / Finance - Full-time
Ottawa Avenue Private Capital (OAPC), an affiliate of RDV Corporation (RDV), manages an alternative asset portfolio that specializes in private equity, seeking to offer clients a single access point to middle-market private equity sponsors across private equity, private credit, and secondary strategies. As an affiliate of RDV, OAPC utilizes RDV’s Talent Services team to coordinate employee recruiting initiatives. OAPC continues to experience rapid growth, creating a fast-paced and dynamic work environment for its employees.
The Staff Investment Accountant will be responsible for the preparation of accounting data and financial statement reporting of numerous private equity funds.The ideal candidate will have an accounting background with the ability to learn the fundamentals of private equity and partnership accounting.
As an OAPC team member, the successful candidate will grow professionally and create value for the firm by: (i) supporting the accounting team with performing daily accounting activities and maintenance, (ii) assisting in the preparation of investor facing materials including partner capital statements, financial statements, and other deliverables; (iii) collaborating with OAPC team members and third-party service providers in a professional and fast-paced work environment to ensure we provide exceptional service to all clients; and (iv) supporting the accounting team with implementing process improvements and ensuring adherence to policies and procedures.
Culture of Care
The OAPC team has a culture of collaboration, innovation, analytical thinking, and providing outstanding service to our sophisticated investors and internal clients. This is a fast paced and constantly moving work environment with a detail oriented team that likes to be the best at what they do both inside and outside of the workplace. If you are looking to join a team with highly experienced leaders in the private equity industry creating a fresh model where outstanding quality and creative solutions are a daily expectation, take a moment to connect with us.
At RDV Corporation, we recruit only the most talented people who are highly capable, energetic, positive, results focused, and who naturally contribute to a premier service-oriented culture. In turn, our employees experience competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits programs that enhance their lives and experiences. They also enjoy a workplace that is meaningful, engaging, and collaborative; a place where they can grow their career in the vibrant heart of downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform daily accounting functions and processes for numerous private equity funds including assisting in wire and journal entry activity.
- Reconcile various accounts, review reconciliations prepared by others, and promptly research and explain variances.
- Prepare limited partner capital activity notices and assist in distribution via secure portal.
- Assist with the accounting team’s review process of the semi-annual investment valuations prepared by the Investment Group.
- Work with accounting team to prepare quarterly GAAP financial statements and partner capital statements for multiple private equity funds.
- Compile and organize information needed for the annual audit process and for answering investor inquires.
- Prepare the allocation of expenses to the private equity funds and the management company. Ensure all expenses charged comply with applicable governing documents.
- Develop an understanding of and ability to review fund and investor Internal Rate of Return (IRRs), other portfolio performance metrics, and expense and fee calculations.
- Effectively apply current policies, procedures, and best practices while actively participating in fund administration workflow improvements and striving for process efficiencies.
- Execute other projects as assigned.
Elements of Success
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience required, with public accounting experience preferred.
- Familiarity with investment and partnership accounting a plus.
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to initiate, prioritize, and follow through on projects.
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor and has the desire and ability to operate in a collaborative team environment.
- Self-starter with ability to manage processing large amounts of data for numerous private equity funds and investors.
- Flexibility to be attentive to urgent matters which may require attention during non-traditional business hours.
- Proficiency with Microsoft software, specifically Excel.
- Discretion in handling sensitive, highly confidential information.