Volunteer - Volunteer
Mission Statement: Motivated by the love of Christ, we promote abundant life by providing holistic services to women and men affected by unplanned pregnancy.
Position title: SMSG Teacher
Position type: Volunteer (3 hours per week on Friday’s from 10:15-1:00, September through May with school holidays; additional time at home preparing lessons and contacting clients)
Department: Support Services
Reports to: Single Moms Support Group Coordinator
Basic Function of position: The SMSG Teacher is responsible for planning and preparing lessons that foster spiritual and personal growth and for building relationships with clients. The teacher must also set a tone of encouragement, support, and inclusion within the group.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Build relationships with clients in class and during lunchtime, as well as outside of class, as desired
· Offer support and encouragement between classes with weekly phone calls
· Choose curriculum and plan the calendar with the help of the SMSG Coordinator
· Prepare lessons
· Teach class and facilitate group discussion
· Lead devotions, Bible study (if chosen as curriculum), and prayer
· Attend summer picnics
· Ability to build relationships and communicate with a diverse group of clients
· Organizational and administrative skills
· Comfortable leading the class and teaching lessons
· Educational background is a plus
Volunteer Application Process
· If interested in this volunteer position, please contact Lauren Herlein, Community Engagement Manager, at 616.742.0242 x105 or firstname.lastname@example.org.