General Labor - Part-time
Reports to: E-Commerce Manager Department: Retail
Location: Kentwood FLSA: Non-exempt
Shift: Part Time Pay Grade: R-1
- This position is for afternoons, approximately 3-7 PM, and occasional Saturdays.
- Prepare incoming and outgoing packages for shipment.
- Wrap packages or bundles by hand.
- Affix postage to packages or letters by hand, or stamp materials, using postage meters.
- Verify that items are addressed correctly, marked with the proper postage, and in suitable condition for processing.
- Weigh packages or letters to determine postage needed, using weighing scales and rate charts.
- Determine the way mail is to be sent and prepare it for delivery to mail facilities.
- Lift and unload containers of mail or parcels onto equipment for transportation to sortation stations.
- Assist Warehouse Supervisor with warehouse inventory/storage.
- Clean and maintain an organized workstation, meeting all OSHA workplace regulations.
- Break down boxes and packing material for re-use or recycling to maintain a clean warehouse.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, maintaining them over time.
Other tasks not on this list may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the ability to understand and communicate information in both oral and written formats.
- Attention to Detail – Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Tools & Technology – Ability to navigate e-mail, Internet, standard shipping program, database, and inventory management software.
- Sociability – Ability to provide outstanding service to others and work with co-workers in a friendly non-competitive environment.
- Physical Qualifications – Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, with the ability to lift, bend, and twist as required.