Accounting / Finance - Full-time
JOB TITLE: Service Technician
PROPERTY: Cherry Street Capital
SUPERVISOR: Asset Manager/Property Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Maintenance and preventive maintenance of buildings, equipment and grounds of commercial office space. Carry a cell phone as on-call rotation requires and be available for after-hours emergencies. Assist in working with and overseeing vendor work performed on the properties. Effectively communicate with tenants, staff and vendors, verbally and in writing.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (position may include all or some of the duties listed below. Some duties may not be listed)
• Supervises the property’s maintenance and facilities operations to maintain the physical condition and appearance in order to maintain and enhance the value of the property.
•Hands on maintenance and preventive maintenance of grounds, buildings and equipment including carpentry, drywall, HVAC, plumbing, electrical and fire/life safety.
• Schedule, supervise, and communicate with contractors, team members, and tenants for all maintenance and turnover.
• Reviews and tracks progress of maintenance orders, as well as maintaining accurate records.
• Communicates and operates in accordance to the company policies and safety standards
• Prioritize and schedule maintenance work, unit turnover, and project work.
• Complete work orders in a timely and professional manner.
• Conducts apartment and property inspections.
• Order and/or maintain supplies/inventory
• Develop and adhere to maintenance budgets and expenditures.
• Fosters a positive, active, and collaborative relationship with residents, staff, and management.
• On-call work may be required. Per our on-call policy, while on-call, staff is required to remain within 60 minutes of the site location and respond via telephone to an after-hours call within 30 minutes of receipt of the same
• Occasional evening and Saturday hours required.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: Audit property appearance and physical performance to assure proper conditions in accordance with policies, procedures and time requirements. Prompt response and appropriate action to all emergency calls. Adhere to safety policies and procedures. Complete paperwork for billings to tenants and reconcilement of purchases made for maintenance.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS/QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will have experience in maintenance of buildings and equipment and grounds for a portfolio of commercial properties and residential properties. Excellent communication skills. Knowledge and experience with HVAC systems and plumbing and electrical systems. Knowledge of safe and proper use and care of all power and hand tools. Must be flexible and reliable. Valid driver’s license required. Reliable transportation to travel from property to property or to procure supplies. Provide your own basic hand tools to complete routine maintenance. Ability to lift all equipment and supplies used to perform job. Ability to work independently and with others. Basic PC skills, including a working knowledge of Google Suite.
Qualifications for Maintenance Technician
• High school diploma or equivalent GED
• Must be able to pass a background check
• Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
• Experience in multi-family or commercial maintenance preferred
• Certified Maintenance Technician preferred.
• Working knowledge in plumbing, electrical, HVAC, appliance repair, and general building trades
• Clean, presentable and affable around residents and prospective residents
• Ability to work independently without supervision or in groups.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds and transport appliances, climb a ladder, work with arms above head, stand for extended periods, bend at waist and be generally able in every way.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY STATES OR IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES TO BE PERFORMED BY THIS EMPLOYEE. HE OR SHE WILL BE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW ANY OTHER INSTRUCTIONS AND TO PERFORM ANY OTHER DUTIES REQUESTED BY HIS OR HER SUPERVISOR.