Accounting / Finance - Full-time
Ottawa Avenue Private Capital (“OAPC”), an affiliate of RDV Corporation (“RDV”), manages an alternative asset portfolio that specializes in private equity and seeks to offer clients a single access point to middle-market private equity sponsors across private equity, private credit, and secondary strategies. OAPC continues to experience rapid growth, creating a fast-paced and dynamic work environment for its employees.
The Senior Investment Accountant will be responsible for assisting in the accounting and financial statement reporting of numerous private equity funds and review work performed by the third-party fund administrator and internal OAPC Staff. The ideal candidate will have an accounting background with the ability to learn the fundamentals of private equity and partnership accounting.
As an OAPC team member, the successful candidate will grow professionally and create value for the firm by: (i) assisting the Accounting Managers and Director of Finance and Accounting with the daily maintenance of numerous private equity funds, (ii) providing quality reviews of investor facing materials, including partner capital statements, financial statements, and other marketing and reporting deliverables, (iii) collaborating with OAPC team members and third-party service providers in a professional, service-oriented, and fast-paced work environment; and (iv) assisting the accounting team with implementing process improvements and potential policies and procedures.
Culture of Care
The OAPC team has a culture of collaboration, innovation, analytical thinking, and providing outstanding service to our sophisticated investors and internal clients. This is a fast paced and constantly moving work environment with a detail oriented team that likes to be the best at what they do both inside and outside of the workplace. If you are looking to join a team with highly experienced leaders in the private equity industry creating a fresh model where outstanding quality and creative solutions are a daily expectation, take a moment to connect with us.
At RDV Corporation, we recruit only the most talented people who are highly capable, energetic, positive, results focused, and who naturally contribute to a premier service-oriented culture. In turn, our employees experience competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits programs that enhance their lives and experiences. They also enjoy a workplace that is meaningful, engaging, and collaborative; a place where they can grow their career in the vibrant heart of downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform daily accounting functions and processes for numerous private equity funds including reviewing wire activity, providing record keeping oversight to the third-party administrator, and assisting in treasury functions including reconciling bank accounts and assisting in the execution of credit facility activity.
- Effectively perform detailed reviews and reconciliations of the third-party fund administrator prepared accounting records, management fee and waterfall calculations, and investment- and fund-level performance metrics (IRRs, TVPIs, etc.).
- Assist in the preparation of capital call and distribution notices to partners.
- Provide support in the proper onboarding of new private equity funds to the third-party administrator’s accounting platform.
- Lead the coordination of the accounting team’s review of the semi-annual investment valuations prepared by the Investment Group.
- Facilitate the annual audit process of the private equity fund financial statements and actively engage with and provide necessary information to the external auditor.
- Review the allocation of expenses to the private equity funds and the management company. Ensure all expenses charged comply with applicable governing documents.
- Assist Investor Relations by obtaining necessary accounting support for response to investor inquires and deliverables.
- Apply and document current policies, procedures, and best practices. Actively participate to improve fund administration workflows and strive for process efficiencies.
- Be a key contributor to the implementation of various potential strategic decisions, IT systems, and updates to operational policies and procedures.
- Execute other projects as assigned.
Elements of Success
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience required, with public accounting experience preferred.
- Familiarity with investment and partnership accounting a plus.
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to initiate, prioritize, and follow through on projects.
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor and has the desire and ability to operate in a collaborative team environment.
- Self-starter with ability to manage processing and reviewing voluminous data for numerous private equity funds and investors.
- Proficiency with Microsoft software, specifically Excel.
- Discretion in handling sensitive, highly confidential information.