Accounting / Finance - Full-time
The Senior Financial Analyst is an integral part of a dedicated and highly skilled team, responsible for providing our clients and business partners with insightful information to support decision making, while contributing to a culture of teamwork, innovation, critical thinking and outstanding customer service. The role will support thought and process leadership in areas data analysis, reporting, planning and forecasting.
Reporting relationship: Vice President of Financial Management
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand and anticipate internal and external business needs and work with the team to address through robust financial reporting and analysis.
- Collaborate with the Finance team to manage financial data including proper review and reconciliation of information to ensure accuracy.
- Understand complex, multi-tier ownership structures and the impact of these structures on financial reporting and analysis.
- Interface with third parties to compile required data and information and problem-solve any variances or issues.
- Collaborate with the Finance team to maintain internal controls to prevent, detect and deter errors within the finance functions; participate in completion of the annual audit process.
- Evaluate financial and operational performance by analyzing past results, performing variance analysis, identifying trends, and documenting recommendations.
- Prepare timely monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages for clients and management that share financial performance, valuable analyses, and high-level narratives.
- Assist with the preparation and review of journal entries and reconciliations of financial and investment activity.
- Understand basic tax concepts and potential impacts to the financial position of the entities under management.
- Collaborate with leadership to implement investment software. Partner with third parties to ensure data integration, mapping, and integrity in a seamless fashion.
- Create updated forecasts and other ad-hoc reports to improve overall understanding of financial position, business needs, and future opportunities.
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with others; attentively listen, ask questions, work well with others, and demonstrate a desire to be part of a team.
- Exercise sound judgment and an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Complete other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting; CPA or CFA preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience with a strong focus in financial analysis and reporting; exposure to investments desirable.
- Dedicated and dependable with a positive attitude.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High proficiency in Excel; experience with the implementation of reporting tools preferred.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively write reports and information.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously with efficiency, strong attention to detail, and self-motivated approach.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective working relationships.
- Naturally inquisitive and the ability to anticipate needs.
- Very occasional regional and national travel required.
- Uncompromised commitment to the highest level of confidentiality and sensitivity to privacy in all aspects of job responsibilities must be exercised at all times.