Other - Full-time
Editing, development, research, writing. Edit short-form resources (Discovery Series, print and online) for accuracy, organization, flow, appropriate style, sound biblical exegesis, clarity and conciseness of language, word choice, and appealing presentation. Develop new subjects, products, content internally and with authors. Research and propose new product ideas (content and delivery method) with an aim at appealing to new audiences. Write new content as needed for publication and testing.
1. Edit at all levels—developmental, line, and copy—and work directly with authors on edits and help with keeping writers on schedule.
2. New product development, identifying needs of the ministry and prospective products (print/digital/video/audio) to fill them. This may involve creating the product, writing, compiling, adapting, and/or researching with special attention given to content.
3. Serve on publishing and editorial committees as requested.
4. Assess content for larger ministry use, including creating excerpts and choosing material for social media. Collaborate with the video or audio teams on projects with media components.
5. Create new products from existing content.
Study or Knowledge and Experience:
- Degree in Biblical Studies or Theology – Advanced degree preferred.
- B.A. degree in English, Communications, Publishing, Journalism, or equivalent experience.
- Strong editorial skills
- Excellent written communication skills, with understanding of target audience.
- Writing experience strongly preferred
- Video and audio experience an asset
- Timeliness – ability to meet deadlines. Exceptional attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the Chicago Manual of Style and Christian Writer’s Manual required.
- Familiarization with the CBA market and product offerings preferred.
- Strive to live a life consistent with biblical principles and demonstrate continued growth and spiritual development.
Internal Work Environment:
- Extensive communication with internal teams and their leadership structures. Ability to work with cross-functional teams on global campaigns. Communication will be technical and theological. Communication with those involved in book production, marketing, and distribution.
- External Communication Requirements:
- Extensive communication with outside authors or other organizations.
- Requires discernment, diplomacy, and professionalism.
- Gives direction to authors and writers
- Influences content decisions
- May give direction to interns or assistants
- May lead cross-functional team for product development
Stewardship of Resources:
- Decisions made will have an impact on the budget
Our Daily Bread strives to embody a Biblically based commitment to Diversity and Inclusion