Other - Part-time
- Provide a friendly greeting to customers, determine nature and purpose of their visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, upcoming events, and security practices.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
- Compute sales prices, total purchases, and receive and process cash or credit payment.
- Exchange merchandise for customers and accept returns.
- Open and close cash registers, performing tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips, coupons, and vouchers, balancing cash drawers, and making deposits.
- Bag or package purchases and wrap gifts.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, maintaining them over time.
- Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts and know how to prevent or handle these situations.
- Sticker, arrange, and display merchandise to promote sales; clean shelves, counters, and tables.