Administrative / Office Management / Clerical - Part-time
The Risk and Asset Assistant and Data Coordinator will provide day-to-day data/record management and administrative support for the Risk and Asset Management department (RAM) to ensure efficient departmental operations and communication with internal and external constituents. This is a part-time position working 30 hours/week.
Culture of Care
At RDV Corporation, we recruit only the most talented people who are highly capable, energetic, positive, results focused, and who naturally contribute to a premier service-oriented culture. In turn, our employees experience competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits programs that enhance their lives and experiences. They also enjoy a workplace that is meaningful, engaging, and collaborative; a place where they can grow their career in the vibrant heart of downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organizes and maintains multiple record management systems.
- Hardcopy File Systems – creates and maintains hardcopy documents to be archived in an organized system designed for efficient retrieval
- Electronic File Systems – scans hardcopy documents, profiles and saves documents within electronic file system in an organized system designed for efficient retrieval
- E-mail File Systems – appropriately sorts and files e-mail from multiple mailboxes.
- Tracks key documents (i.e. titles, title insurance policies, deeds, surveys, etc).
- Accurately identifies documents to ensure proper classification within filing systems.
- Assists in the upkeep of the RAMS CRM system.
- Responsible for the review and update of department processes and procedures.
- Retrieves and distributes information stored within record management systems.
- Assists with vehicle and watercraft registrations and insurance certificates to ensure timely renewals and distribution to appropriate location.
- Assists with aircraft and tenant billing and reporting processes.
- Assists with tracking insurance items (i.e. payments, credits, claims, etc.)
- Serves as appointed agent to conduct business at secretary of state branch offices.
- Provides administrative support as needed for the department, including distribution of reports and documents, calendar/scheduling, e-mail organization, copying, filing, faxing, mailing, occasional courier services, signatures, etc.
- Opens and sorts incoming mail for RAM department and handles all outgoing mail and FedEx requests.
- Utilizes Microsoft Word and Excel to produce correspondence, reports, and internal memos; create Power Point presentations; organize and maintain filing system and files.
- Orders supplies.
- Provides backup services when the RAM department staff is unavailable; cross-trained in the routine departmental documentation processes and activities.
- Assists and coordinates special projects as assigned by the Asset Manager, Risk Manager, or Director of Risk and Asset Management Services (i.e. quarterly reports, tax assessments/bills, valuables tracking, new build/renovation project assistance, etc.).
- Understands proper administration of, and adherence to, corporate policies, practices, and procedures; keep abreast of changes, advancements, and/or improvements in office services and technology.
Elements of Success
- Associates Degree or higher with 3-5 years related work experience or 7+ years of related work experience.
- Previous experience working in a highly professional, fast paced and highly confidential corporate environment preferred.
- Must be willing to develop a comprehensive knowledge of the various types of risk and asset documents and processes (training provided).
- Must be open to becoming a Notary to assist in completing legal documents for various types of transactions.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral with the ability to interface with a diverse array of audiences and stakeholders.
- Flexible self-starter with excellent organizational and data processing skills with the ability to initiate, prioritize, and follow through on projects.
- Must work independently with strong attention to detail and emphasis upon accuracy and quality of data entry.
- Strong judgement and comfort-level working with confidential, sensitive, and proprietary information, as well as an uncompromised commitment to the highest level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Windows environment (particularly MS Office), including familiarity with Adobe Acrobat and internet searches. Knowledge of MacroView DMF, SharePoint, and CRM preferred.
Essential Physical Demands
- Must be able to lift/transport boxes of approximately thirty (30) pounds, stoop, bend, climb steps and stairs.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license.