General Labor - Part-time
Receiving & Warehouse Associate
Reports to: E-Commerce Manager Department: Retail
Location: Kentwood FLSA: Non-exempt
Shift: Part-Time Pay Grade: R-2
- Open and examine shipment contents and compare with invoices, or orders to verify accuracy.
- Receive, verify, and label products, recording data using computer and bookstore software.
- Process invoices: includes tracking credit, verifying discounts, making corrections in invoicing system, and verifying invoices for corporate office.
- Correspond with vendor representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, defects, pricing mismatches, etc.
- Maintain purchase order and invoice files; coordinate with receiving to ensure paperwork is well-organized.
- Assist in maintaining warehouse organization as needed.
- Assist in packing and shipping orders as needed.
- Assist in pulling and packing returns to publishers as needed.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, maintaining them over time.
Other tasks not on this list may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to Detail – Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Clerical — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures.
- English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the ability to understand and communicate information in both oral and written formats.
- Mathematics – Knowledge of the principles and methods for addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, fractions, statistics, currency, and economics.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Tools & Technology – Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and an ability to navigate e-mail, Internet, database and inventory management software.
- Sociability – Ability to provide outstanding service to others and work with co-workers in a friendly non-competitive environment.
- Physical Qualifications – Ability to lift, bend and twist is required. Job requires moving of boxes up to 40 pounds.
Our Mission at Baker Book House is to equip the church to live and grow in faith, guiding her to engage quality Christian books, products, and community.
Baker Publishing Group publishes high-quality writings that represent historic Christianity and serve the diverse interests and concerns of evangelical readers. Founded in 1939, today Baker Publishing Group is composed of six divisions, each reflecting a unique segment of Christian publishing. These divisions are Bethany House Publishers, Revell, Baker Books, Baker Academic, Chosen Books, and Brazos Press. With offices in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and Bloomington, Minnesota, Baker Publishing Group is one of the world’s largest publishers of Christian books. For more information, please visit www.bakerpublishinggroup.com.