Accounting / Finance - Full-time
Located in Grand Rapids, Michigan, the Mission Support Center of CURE International Children’s Hospital’s is looking to add an Accountant to the team! The Accountant will play a pivotal role within CURE, overseeing budget management across multiple projects and departments. This position requires strong financial acumen, attention to detail, and the ability to collaborate effectively with project managers and department heads. The Accountant will ensure accurate financial reporting, compliance with grant requirements, and optimal resource allocation to support the organization’s mission. This is an excellent opportunity for an accountant with a passion for making a difference in CURE.
- Budget Management:
- Develop and monitor project budgets in collaboration with project managers and department heads.
- Track budget expenditures, analyze variances, and provide accurate financial reports to project stakeholders.
- Identify potential budget risks and provide recommendations for mitigating actions.
- Financial Analysis and Reporting:
- Prepare regular financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements, for projects and departments.
- Conduct financial analysis to assess project performance, identify trends, and support decision-making processes.
- Collaborate with project managers and department heads to provide financial insights and recommendations for cost optimization.
- Grant Management:
- Oversee the financial aspects of grants, ensuring compliance with donor requirements and accurate reporting.
- Coordinate with program staff to develop project budgets and financial proposals for grant applications.
- Monitor grant expenditure and reporting timelines, ensuring timely submission of financial reports.
- General Accounting:
- Perform month-end and year-end closing procedures, including journal entries, account reconciliations, and financial statement preparation.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records, ensuring compliance with accounting standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts, collaborating with the finance team.
- Internal Controls and Compliance:
- Recommend, implement, and enforce financial controls and policies to ensure proper financial management and safeguarding of organizational assets.
- Support periodic internal audits to assess adherence to financial procedures and identify areas for improvement.
- Stay updated on nonprofit accounting standards and regulations to ensure compliance.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the co-worker for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Co-worker must perform other tasks, duties, and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field. CPA or similar certification preferred.
- Proven experience (2 years) as a Project Accountant or similar role, preferably within the nonprofit sector.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, budgeting, and financial analysis.
- Proficiency in using accounting software and advanced MS Excel skills.
- Familiarity with nonprofit accounting standards and grant management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines.
In addition, all candidates should be familiar with the Statement of Faith, and will be required to agree with the declarations of the Statement of Faith in order to be considered for this position.
This is a full-time, paid position that offers a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement, and paid time off.
CURE International complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com. Persons living with a disability are highly encouraged to apply.Apply Now