Other - Part-time
Grand Rapids, MI
Job Type Part-Time 20 hours per Week
Salary Range $15-$17 hourly
Reports To Program Manager
Position Summary The Program Assistant supports the day-to-day needs of the program team, and recruitment and retention of volunteers. The Program Assistant sets the tone for all who come through the doors, ensuring each guest feels like they have found a place to belong.
Work Environment This role requires work onsite and in the community with occasional evening and weekend events.
- Provide Program Support
- Coordinate volunteer onboarding, scheduling, and relationship building.
- Assist in the executing of programs, ensuring the space is prepared, the materials are gathered, and meals are coordinated.
- Maintain documentation of processes and protocols to ensure efficient operations of the program team.
· Facilities coordination
o Implement daily opening and closing procedures.
o Receive and process in-kind donations.
o Assist with building tours.
o Enter work orders for maintenance and repair.
- Administrative Support
- Complete and submit monthly expense reports for the Program Team.
- Organize and maintain computer and manual filing systems as assigned.
- Efficiently complete administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, etc.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Attributes:
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent written, verbal and in-person communication skills
- Relationally driven with strong customer service skills
· Exercise good judgement in a variety of situations
· Flexible and adaptable with capacity to prioritize new tasks
- Self-directed and comfortable working autonomously
- Social Media Proficiency
· Be a champion of the values of GT throughout the organization and in the community
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience as a Program Assistant, Volunteer Coordinator, Administrative Assistant, or in a related job/field is preferred
· Experience working with at-risk populations is preferred
· Must pass rigorous background checks
· Valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance
· Physical requirements include a typical office environment including sitting at a computer screen and exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally.
· Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
· Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach.
· The job entails standing for periods of time.
· 3 weeks of vacation
· 10 Paid Holidays and Generous Sick Policy
· Wellness Stipend; EAP
· Simple IRA with up to 3% match
To be considered for the position, applicants must send their cover letter and resume via email by August 1, 2022 to Jeana@gracestable.com.