Other Ministries - Full-time
595 Graafschap Rd., Holland, MI 49423, 616-796-3370, www.cmcholland.org
“… to equip God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up.” (Ephesians 4:12)
Mission of Staff
The mission of the staff at Christ Memorial Church is to Outfit the church to Influence the world.
Vision of Staff
As Christ Memorial staff members as well as brothers and sisters in Christ we commit to:
· Focus on the mission, vision, and values of CMC – We share ownership of the mission of CMC and contribute to its success by setting clear priorities for achieving our mission.
· Value the whole person – We demonstrate honesty, kindness, respect workstyles, support work-home balance, have fun, include all cultures and backgrounds, and show respect and grace to each other.
· Communicate openly, respectfully, and directly – We share information, communicate in a timely and clear manner, assume positive intent, acknowledge others, respect deadlines and time of co-workers, and address differences directly through candid conversations.
· Collaborate as a team – We ask for and offer help, understand one another’s roles, seek varying perspectives, set clear expectations and work as a team. We cross-train for effective support for our co-workers as needed.
· Continuously growing – We seek opportunities to grow in our faith and position at CMC. We support others in their learning experiences, demonstrate grace, discuss failures, learn, and share.
· Set high standards and hold ourselves and each other to them – We are good stewards of the resources God has given us and ensure diverse perspectives contribute to our decision making. We celebrate our different gifts and talents and learn to work well with each other’s unique styles.
· Confidentiality – We work to serve our community and must respect the confidentiality of each person we work with.
· Policies and Procedures of CMC – We seek to understand policies and procedures and follow them to the best of our ability. Having collaborative conversations when changes need to be made.
Position Title: Pastor of Discipleship and Missions
Position Status: Full time, salaried, exempt
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Position focus: Implement the mission and vision of Christ Memorial Church through the advancement of discipleship and missional living in our community and around the world.
Works cooperatively with: Ministry Leadership Team, deacons, directors of youth and children’s ministry, staff
Primary Strengths Required:
· Christ-like character and a heart for discipleship and missions
· Enthusiasm for the mission and vision God has called Christ Memorial Church to live into
· Highly relational
· Strong communication and listening skills
· Ability to inspire and lead ministry teams
· Oversee the mission and vision for discipleship and missional living at Christ Memorial Church.
o Oversee staff in missional living, children’s, youth, and adult ministries.
o Work with directors of children’s and youth ministries to create a comprehensive full life discipleship strategy.
o Outfit adult groups in such a way that they learn together, serve together, care for one another and are reproducible.
o Synergize learning and practice through study, relationships, and missional living.
o Lead the deacons of Christ Memorial in such a way that we live into our vision of being a Matthew 25 church.
o Establish mentoring relationships with interns and volunteers and/or equip the formation team to do so (i.e., youth director with youth interns, discipleship volunteer leaders, oversee and develop other leaders, etc.)
· Serve on Ministry Leadership Team (MLT) that steers the course of leadership and vision in the church.
o Assist in the casting of vision, testing of new ideas, and development of both short term and long-term goals for the church.
· Work collaboratively with worship, care, and other departments to ensure that the formation of Christian character in the congregation is readily accessible, regularly engaged, and often celebrated.
· Pastor of Discipleship and Mission should have a rich spiritual life modeled by discernment, service, a healthy rest/work balance, and biblical integration into life.
· Be a visible leadership presence on Sunday mornings and as needed at times throughout the week. Preach on occasion as the teaching schedule allows.
Essential Skills and Training:
· Ordained minister in the Reformed Church in America or other denomination in theological agreement
· Excellent communication skills
· Experience in formulating and leading discipleship ministry
· Self-starter with the desire to also work in ministry with others
· Ability to recruit, train, and encourage volunteers
· Strong relational skills
· Adept with modern technology (Microsoft Office, mobile apps, etc.)
If interested in this position, please submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description current as of: September 14, 2022