Accounting / Finance - Part-time
Church of the Servant CRC
Being and Making Disciples
Position: Facility Manager
Adopted: November 1, 2019
Hours: Up to 25 hours a week
Reports to: Church Administrator
Position Objective: The Facility Manager has primary responsibility for the operation and maintenance of the COS facility such that it is consistently a ready and reliable resource for the programs, ministries, staff and members of the church thereby helping to ensure the fulfillment the church’s vision and mission.
1. Routine Operations Matters
· Maintain a safe environment for worship and daily activities
· Open facility for Sunday Service, set temperatures for services, and setup/take down for once a month Sunday dinner with Facility Assistant
· Prepare spaces for scheduled events including Wed night dinners and Thursday AM Bible study meetings, and funerals, weddings as needed
· Oversee and assist with the general cleaning of the facility including bathrooms, classrooms, café, kitchen, offices and the Sanctuary
· Schedule and monitor climate control in all spaces using the energy management system
· Coordinate building needs with various groups and program staff to ensure all needs are met
2. Regular Maintenance and Replacement Matters
· Perform routine minor repairs as needed
· Regularly review standard maintenance needs including painting, carpet cleaning/replacement, furniture repair/replacement
· Perform regular building assessments; make monthly recommendations to Facilities Committee
· Maintain an inventory of regularly needed cleaning supplies, paper products, etc.
· Monitor all mechanical components of building to ensure proper functionality, including HVAC, plumbing, security and electrical systems; schedule and monitor standard maintenance and repair work by outside contractors and vendors on same.
3. Administrative Matters
· Maintain proper permits for security, kitchen and fire protections; ensure the timely completion of required inspections
· Regularly collaborate with church treasurer for bidding and contracting for services provided by outside vendors for snow removal, turf management, trash/recycling and HVAC preventive maintenance.
· Annually review and update life expectancy forecasting of various building components; meet regularly with the Facilities Committee to plan and implement all capital replacement initiatives
· Meet as required with Church Administrator, Treasurer and Facilities chair ensuring full and timely communication regarding all facility maintenance and operations matters; provide budget planning input as requested.
· Work within the Facility budget and reserved parameters
· Attend regular Staff meetings
· The Facility Manager will be expected to comply with all requirements identified in the COS Employee Handbook
· From time to time the Church Administrator may assign other duties generally related to the operation and maintenance of the COS facility.
· The Facility Manager will supervise the work of a Facility Assistant, whose responsibilities are separately described.
· Previous facility management experience
· Perform duties responsibly with minimal supervision
· Helps create an environment of hospitality
· Good mechanical abilities and the ability to lift at most 50lbs
· Ability to work in fast pace environment and flexibility for changes and adjustments
· Good communication skills and team player
· Experience in supervising others is preferred
Schedule: Wednesday PM, Friday and Sundays are mandatory and other times are negotiable
Pay rate: $15.-$17. Hr based on experience
Please send your letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by November 15.