Other - Full-time
Are you searching for a way to provide support and bring hope to those in a helpless situation? Make a difference in women’s lives by providing care for women who stay at Dégagé’s Open Door Women’s Center. The Open Door Women’s center has been providing a safe haven overnight for women in a crisis situation. Dégagé Ministries offers help and hope as each women stabilize their lives and overcome homelessness. We are looking for strong, passionate women who desire to offer pathways out of poverty.
Summary of Responsibilities: The Open Door Floor Supervisor is a support staff position that assists the Open Door Manager in overseeing the smooth running of the Open Door Women’s Center from 10pm – 8am.
The Mission Statement: To reflect the love of Christ to all who come through our doors by building relationships and offering programs that foster dignity and respect.
The Vision Statement: For those we serve, we will be a community that overcomes obstacles, celebrates transformation, and realizes the full potential of all as children of God.
Statement of Faith: Employees affirm and accept the ministry of Dégagé to be a faith based organization founded on the message and love of Jesus Christ and further affirm the mission statement of Dégagé as stated above. Employees will be asked to sign a Statement of Faith at time of employment.
Scripture Verse: The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end they are new every morning great is your faithfulness. Lamentation 5:22-25
· A strong commitment to Christ and to serving Him through word and deed to others
· A background in Social Work or a combination of college and work experience
· Previous experience in a shelter environment preferred
· Work experience with or knowledge of homeless and vulnerable populations
· High moral character and sound judgment
· Comfortable in working alone but communicating with teammates
· Work with and encourage people from all areas of the social spectrum.
· Set an example by treating those whom we serve with dignity and respect.
· Be able to delegate, organize, and prioritize independently.
· Be a team player working to fulfill the mission statement of Dégagé alongside other staff members.
· Exhibit proficiency in Outlook, Word, and Excel.
· Requires ability to comfortably lift and move up to 25 pounds without accommodation
• Open lockers and keep track of locker payments
• Ensure cleanliness of Open Door at all times
· Assess crisis situations and determine level of danger, if any, and notify the Open Door Manager of any issues
· Clearly and openly communicate nightly duties, issues, and praises to other staff as well as manager
· Conduct wake-ups, oversee chores, and issue voucher payments to patrons
· Uphold policies of the Open Door while demonstrating compassion and respect
· Enter data in various computer systems and run reports for accuracy
· Attend weekly staff and attend ongoing training opportunities when available
This is a full time (31 hours) hourly position which includes health benefits. Rate of pay will be determined at time of hire. This is an “at will” position. There is no length of tenure of employment implied or stated. Dégagé Ministries conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, and drug testing. To apply, please email your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org