Marketing - Full-time
- Work with the Director of Marketing Communications and the Copywriting Team to concept and develop communications that effectively describe and promote Our Daily Bread Ministries as a Bible engagement ministry. Create encouraging and meaningful communications that lead people to our resources and connect them to God. Obtain information and style direction for copy development within established processes.
- Provide print and digital copywriting/marketing communications for all Our Daily Bread Ministries’ efforts including, but not limited to, direct mail campaigns; print and digital newsletters; brochures; book and video copy packages; catalogs; web; event and promotional displays; emails; social copy for various platforms; podcast and video descriptions; seasonal campaigns; and special marketing projects as assigned.
- Be thorough in knowledge of products, target audiences, and competitor activity in the market. Brainstorm ideas and concepts with marketing teams and individuals involved in specific projects.
- Identify, track, and report on each project’s scope and timeframe. Develop specific process flows for each project and make recommendations on process improvements.
- Serve as backup for the Director of Marketing Communications and Copywriting Team as needed.
Study or Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, or a related field preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- At least two years of professional experience in writing promotional copy or social media content
- Must be creative and imaginative in expressing product concepts, descriptions, and promotions
- Must be capable of coordinating and keeping track of the details of several simultaneous projects and consistently meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google docs. Working knowledge of Asana or other relevant scheduling software
- Demonstrated ability in desktop publishing helpful
- We strive to live a life consistent with biblical principles, engaged with the Bible on a consistent basis and demonstrate continued growth and spiritual development.
- Strong missional mindset with a heart for people to engage with Scripture so they can live Christ-centered lives
Internal Work Environment
- Must have excellent communication, including discretion and tact, to discuss, develop, and implement marketing copy for individuals/groups throughout the organization.
- Involves complex communication with individuals/groups throughout the organization. Discretion, accuracy, and tact are required to successfully negotiate schedules, deadlines, etc.
External Work Environment
- Must have excellent communication, including discretion and tact, to discuss and gather information from individuals and groups outside of Our Daily Bread Ministries to develop and implement marketing copy for individuals/groups throughout the organization.
- Manages and leads projects with multiple teams and functions so that all involved fully understand the event/project goal(s), expected results, required services, and deadlines.
- Makes vital decisions that will affect the impact of the ministry efforts and the results of specific marketing campaigns.
Stewardship of Resources
- Responsible along with the Director of Marketing Communications for managing efforts within the copy budget.
Miscellaneous note for consideration:
- Our Daily Bread Ministries is a nondenominational nonprofit with staff and volunteers across the globe and resources distributed in 150 countries and in more than 50
- As a global ministry faithful to biblical principles, our commitment to diversity is reflected in our ministry’s mission, vision, values, and ethos.