Mechanical - Full-time
TITLE OF POSITION: Maintenance Technician and Facilities Specialist
STATUS: Full-time, hourly/non-exempt
DEPARTMENT: Property Management
REPORTS TO: Property Manager
Be a part of our fast-growing property management company! We are looking for a self-motivated handyman that possesses a vast knowledge for building repairs and maintenance, to help us manage a portfolio of properties in West Michigan, including the exciting redeveloped Downtown Ada. Working together, we deliver quality to our building and business owner clients.
As an integral part of a dedicated and passionate property management team, the role will be responsible for general building maintenance at all property locations managed by CDV5 Property Management (“CDV5PM”) and other related duties. In addition to performing routine and preventative maintenance and care for the buildings and properties, the Maintenance Technician and Facilities Specialist will be expected to effectively troubleshoot, use critical-thinking skills, make recommendations, and/or rely on varied knowledge and experiences to resolve issues. This position will also be responsible for adherence to building budgets, and ensuring bills are paid in a timely manner for any outside services required.
The role will work collaboratively with the Property Manager to provide first class service with the highest level of care while maintaining the facilities in impeccable condition. To be successful in this role, one should have a talent for contract management, a passion for finding solutions, and be skilled at performing repairs. Additionally, as the company and portfolio continues to grow, this person should also be prepared and willing to grow, by taking on additional responsibilities and seeking to grow their own skills and abilities. This person needs to give 100%, and be proud and passionate about their work!
LOCATION AND HOURS:
· Office is in Ada, and all work will be conducted in West Michigan. 75% of duties are performed on/in the managed properties outside of the office.
· This position requires flexibility, including some early-start days, after-hours and weekends work, and being on-call at other times, including holidays as needed.
· Perform weekly checks of properties, inside and out, to ensure safety and security of the premises, as well as verify facilities are functioning properly.
· Troubleshoot mechanical and other facilities issues, and using critical thinking skills to discern when to bring in a third-party company to repair.
· Solicit and review competitive service bids with licensed contractors and other third-party vendors, and coordinate those services.
· Set, review and complete all annual maintenance needs for the buildings. This also includes a review of building maintenance invoices and other expenses; approve or resolve as appropriate, and assist with management of CAM budgets.
· Create and maintain building maintenance files to ensure adequate records are kept on hand and easily-accessible (i.e., contractual agreements, warranty information, maintenance records, etc.).
· Hire a specialist as needed to resolve maintenance issues that the applicant cannot complete.
· Basic maintenance and janitorial duties, such as shoveling, window washing, touch-up painting, weeding, and pressure washing are required.
· Partner with related businesses and tenants in a courteous and helpful manner, to assist with office needs and/or resolve issues pertaining to maintenance requests, moving and storage, and meeting or special event preparation.
· Document time and expense allocation records for billing purposes as required.
· Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation for building emergencies and respond to building emergency calls.
ELEMENTS OF SUCCESS:
· Maintenance and handyman experience necessary.
· Must be responsible, dependable, organized, and self-motivated; a person of integrity that demonstrates a positive attitude and takes pride in the service he/she provides.
· Basic knowledge of electrical, mechanical and HVAC systems.
· Working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel.
· Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management in a professional and highly confidential corporate environment.
· Basic negotiation and contract management skills, with ability to review and understand contracts, not afraid to ask questions or attempt to obtain better terms or lower pricing.
· Must be willing to be flexible in work hours including occasional evenings, weekends, holidays, and on-call shifts.
· Physical demands include bending, lifting, operating small/medium machinery, and climbing ladders up to high heights including rooftops, among other things.
· Must own a reliable vehicle, be available for occasional regional travel, and have valid driver’s license.