Other - Full-time
Job Title: Fulfillment Machine Operator Apprentice
Operate mailing and fulfillment machinery and perform minor repair on corresponding equipment. Provide fulfillment and verification of standard mailings and special orders; assist with warehouse activities.
This is a second shift position that carries a $1.30 hourly premium in addition to the base hourly wage.
This is an apprentice level position. Upon completion of training, the apprentice will become an assistant fulfillment machine operator.
- Operate and assist with a variety of mailing equipment (including inserter, folder, boxing machine, inkjet). Machine operators must have a strong command of product specifications, item codes, and machine parameters.
- Assist with minor maintenance and repairs of equipment. Maintain frequent upkeep of machinery (including cleaning, lubrication, and minor adjustments). Operators must be able to quickly troubleshoot machine malfunctions and material quality issues.
- Intermediate computer skills and understanding of WMS/Scheduling systems are imperative in this role. Operators are responsible for tracking chargeable and non-chargeable time within their machine and cost center.
- Provide fulfillment and warehousing of various mailings. Prepare and complete necessary paperwork to support mailings.
- Responsible for quality control of vendor supplied materials, in-house produced materials and integrity of completed mailing(s).
- Track and communicate statistics that apply to daily production and maintenance issues.
- Understand postal regulations in order to prepare all mailings and postage statements for outgoing mailings.
- Flexibility to adapt to the ever changing processes of shipping and mailing procedures.
- Package orders appropriately per shipping requirements. Involves the use of various packaging & mailing methods based on the shipping carrier.
- Assist with material replenishment by use of pallet jack or forklift.
Study or Knowledge and Experience:
- High school graduate required plus additional training in machine operations.
- Mailings/Logistics experience preferred.
- Experience in machine operations.
- Ability to complete HILO training and obtain forklift license.
- Mechanical aptitude/dexterity.
- High attention to detail.
- Previous packaging experience.
- Two years of experience in a high volume, fast paced production environment.
- Basic computer skills necessary.
- Strive to live a life consistent with Biblical principles and demonstrate continued growth and spiritual development.
Internal Work Environment:
- Communication with manager, lead operator, machine operators, and warehouse clerks.
- No direct reports.
- Stewardship of Resources:
- Responsible for the safe operation of ministry machines and equipment. Mailing/postage integrity.
- Miscellaneous Factors:
- On feet fulltime.
- Frequent bending, pulling, lifting, and twisting.
- Repetitive motion.
- Strict mailing integrity (safety, quality, quantity, and on time performance).
Our Daily Bread strives to embody a Biblically based commitment to Diversity and InclusionApply Now