Building/Construction - Full-time
At Torchwood Landscaping, we transform backyards into stunning outdoor living spaces. Join our experienced team and help us bring West Michigan families together.
The landscape construction team member is a self-motivated, detailed, and task-oriented person who will assist our landscaping company with the construction of outdoor living areas, drainage and landscape install by being the lead installer on the job sites and subject matter expert for the crew underneath the team leader.
Our top performers are team members who love themselves and others, take initiative, and take pride in quality. Our top Landscape Construction Team Members understand problem-solving and have a customer service mindset.
The major responsibilities and results of the landscape construction lead team member will be as follows.
· Assist the crew in the construction of outdoor living areas, landscaping and drainage installations.
• Ability to think ahead and solve problems as they arise.
• Handling of delivery and handling of materials on job site.
· Continual learning and mastery of landscape construction and leadership.
• Always finding new ways to do a task that makes it easier, safer, and more efficient.
· Implements preventative maintenance of company vehicles and equipment with lead team members.
• Attend classes to advance your knowledge and gain certification.
· Communication with team leader and other team members
• Ability to communicate answers to questions that customers may have about the project in a courteous and friendly manner.
• Ability to communicate with team members and management about needs and issues on the project.
• Communicating any issues that may affect attendance to work from crew members.
Depending on experience this position can be hourly or Salary (Fluctuating Work Week). Based on $16-$24/hr. Other Benefits include Paid Vacation, 401k, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, and more. Hours range throughout the year with during the season (March-December) doing upwards of 50 hours a week and offseason (January- February) upwards of 30 hours a week.
Landscape construction experience is not required but is a plus, on the job and classroom training will occur.
Apply at our careers page https://torchwoodlandscaping.com/careers/Apply Now