Building/Construction - 100% Commission
At Torchwood Landscaping, we transform backyards into stunning outdoor living spaces. Join our experienced team and help us bring West Michigan families together.
The landscape construction team leader is a self-motivated, detailed, and task-oriented person who will assist our landscaping company with the construction of outdoor living areas, drainage and landscape install by leading a crew of 2-3 team members.
Our top performers are team members who love themselves and others, take initiative, and take pride in quality. Our top Landscape Construction Team Leaders understand problem-solving and have a vast knowledge of the running of a construction business.
The major responsibilities and results of the landscape construction team leader will be as follows.
· Lead and implement the crew in the construction of outdoor living areas, landscaping and drainage installations. To include the start and end of workdays.
• Ability to layout the job according to design and installation to industry and company standards.
• Handle crew members on the job site and train & mentor both experienced and inexperienced team members on installation practices and life & career progression.
• Work closely with the customers on the execution of the job and the timing of work.
• Ability to think ahead and solve problems as they arise.
• Handling of delivery and handling of materials on job site.
• Receipts and man-hours are tracked and recorded through software.
· Continual learning and mastery of landscape construction, leadership.
• Always finding new ways to do a task that makes it easier, safer, and efficient.
• Upsell/Sell work and provide sales support at trade shows.
· Provide and post content and short blog videos and articles on social media.
· Go on consultations and pre-job meetings
· Conduct sales process training throughout the year.
· Provides a sounding board for the business owner
• Attend classes to advance your knowledge and gain certification.
· Communication with customers and team members
• Ability to communicate answers to questions that customers may have about the project in a courteous and friendly manner.
• Ability to communicate with team members and management about needs and issues on the project.
• Communicating any issues that may affect attendance to work from crew members.
Depending on experience this position can be hourly or Salary (Fluctuating Work Week). Based on $25-$32/hr. Other Benefits include Paid Vacation, 401k, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, and more. Hours range throughout the year with during the season (March-December) doing upwards of 50 hours a week and offseason (January- February) upwards of 30 hours a week.
Landscape construction experience is not required but is a plus. This person would have extensive knowledge in the running of a construction business.Apply Now