Joe Wash LLC – Operations Supervisor/Crew Manager

Joe Wash LLC – Operations Supervisor/Crew Manager

Joe Wash LLC – Operations Supervisor/Crew Manager

Back to All Jobs

Job Description

Accounting / Finance - Full-time

Joe Wash LLC is in search of a full-time Operations Supervisor/Crew Manager.  Experience in the Pressure Washing and/or truck industry is desired; however, training will be provided in the latest pressure washing techniques, technology, safe practices, and environmental solutions.

JOE WASH LLC (Middleville, Michigan): is a local and family-owned mobile fleet wash company.  We have served the greater Grand Rapids and surrounding areas for over 25 years.  Our fleet washing services are enhanced beyond industry standards due to the unique combination of old and new techniques.   We focus on servicing commercial trucking fleets and commercial properties.  We utilize a wastewater recovery system to maintain compliance with DEQ regulations and OSHA’s recommended safe practices in the workplace.  Our people and customers mean everything to us.  A clean image reflects on you!

Because we operate with a highly decentralized structure, we look for individuals who are energetic, demonstrate individual initiative, innovation, honesty, respect, and integrity, and have the ability to problem solve spontaneously with common sense resourcefulness.  

Job Description:

The Operations Supervisor/Crew Leader will lead, manage, and develop a team of 10 to 15 Joe Wash Technicians

Communicate policies to Joe Wash Technicians and function as the primary information source for the team, maintain compliance, consistency, and taking corrective action when needed

Use software to keep records, edit, and manage the teamwork schedules, workflow, customer routes and equipment service

The Operations Supervisor will focus on the productivity, process, and quality of all fleet wash operations

Communicate with upper management on quality control and critical decisions, mediate client relations and/or concerns, monitor employee performance, etc.

Constantly work to improve processes, efficiency, and cost savings

Optimize employee workflow (e.g., submit requests for the appropriate supplies and equipment) to maximize productivity and efficiency

The Operations Supervisor will ensure that facility’s equipment and vehicles are properly maintained, stocked, and safe

Train new wash technicians and conduct performance reviews

Monitor progress of daily operations, reassign employees and routes, and make staffing changes as necessary

Develop and execute safety goal

Conduct field inspections of all site equipment to ensure proper work procedures 

Formulate both short-term and long-term goals and action plans for Joe Wash LLC

Oversee a variety of complex compliance programs, including environmental, OSHA, and local regulations


Preferred experience and familiarity in the pressure washing/trucking industry, but not mandatory

Preferred 2 years of experience in a supervisory/management role

Ability to work in a team environment, motivate and manage employees

Working knowledge of fleet trucking operations and/or service and maintenance of similar commercial accounts

Working knowledge of automotive maintenance, small engine repair, and basic mechanical problem solving

 Excellent organization, planning skills, and strong attention to detail

Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities

Proven track record of taking ownership, driving results, and managing change

Available to work up to 40 hours, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed

Ability to work in a fast-paced environment

Must be able to stand for most of the day

Must be able to endure the outdoor elements over all Michigan seasons

Ability to lift 40 lbs

What We Provide

Competitive wages, weekly compensation

Incentive earned pay raises within 30-90 days

Comprehensive paid training

Outdoor work gear (boots, coats, gloves, safety gear) provided

Fun and positive work and team environment

A great company culture where everyone is valued and treated with respect

Ample opportunity for advancement as we grow!   We are expanding!

Benefits are negotiable for full-time employees

We are exceptionally proud of our dedicated employees who cooperate to provide first-class service, solve problems, and collaborate to get the job done.  We work hard and have fun at work while prioritizing service satisfaction, innovation, quality control and safe practices as key values.

When we add new positions at Joe Wash LLC, we define the role 80% and look for talented individuals who can join the team, run fast, and co-create the other 20% of their job. We need our team to get engaged from Day 1 to do the work and define the work that will make us successful in the near- and long-term future and put our team and customers first.  Joe Wash LLC is at at-will employer.

 To apply, please contact:

 Jeff DeGroote

 Joe Wash LLC, Owner

 Phone/Text: (269) 492-4838