Technical - Full-time
CURE International is seeking a highly-skilled and experienced IT Project Manager to join our growing in-house technology team at our Mission Support Center located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The IT Project Manager is responsible for managing the rollout and adoption of new technology solutions across CURE’s Mission Support Center (MSC) in the USA, and our hospital network in Africa and the Philippines. This will include the implementation of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) technology solutions such as inventory management, asset management, and human resource management systems, as well as other IT projects as assigned.
Working as an IT Project Manager at CURE will require you to be highly experienced and knowledgeable in project management and rolling out new IT solutions, including the proven ability to manage and orchestrate production releases, track progress, and present project status and outcomes.
This position also offers the great benefit of work that directly impacts the lives of thousands of children with treatable disabilities, and their families, across 8 countries in the developing world. Growing a significant domain of expertise in the fast changing world of technology will be both a requirement of, and learning from, this position.
- Work closely with project taskforces to understand system priorities, including user requirements, configuration, data workflow, and best practices optimization.
- Work closely with the development and implementation teams to manage timelines, budgets, remove roadblocks, and maximize solution quality and effectiveness.
- Act as the main point of contact between the Development and Implementation Team, taskforces, and MSC/hospital stakeholders.
- Set and track project milestones; manage and account for unforeseen delays, then realign schedules and expectations.
- Coordinate the roll-out of test and production releases.
- Travel to the hospitals for discovery, training, and implementation to ensure compliance with industry and CURE best practices.
- Lead the development of training material and learning plans for users.
- Assist in the identification of areas needing improvement.
- Keep the various project taskforces, internal stakeholders, and hospital leaders informed of the status of projects.
- Gather, document, prioritize and track system enhancement requests, and work with the Development and Implementation Team to deliver new features that meet these requirements.
- Work with the Inventory Control and Implementation Manager to recommend, implement and maintain ERP related policies and procedures, and to train ERP users.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Project Management Certification from an accredited institution is strongly desired.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working as an IT Project Manager.
- Preferred: demonstrable experience with IT solutions in low resource settings.
- Experience implementing an ERP system is preferred.
- Evidence of continuing education, such as project management, or IT security course certifications, is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strategic thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of security best practices in managing ERP data and implementing IT projects, including proven ability to manage and orchestrate production releases, track progress, and present project status and outcomes.
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills.
- Proven proficiency in working with various project management tools.
- Strong knowledge of the IT project lifecycle and project management best practices.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work under pressure.
- Familiar with ERP and supply chain systems; Odoo ERP experience is a plus.
- Ability to establish priorities and proceed to meet objectives with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage projects across internal teams, external contractors, and vendors.
- Ability to travel to Africa and the Philippines (up to 15%).
In addition, all candidates should be familiar with the Statement of Faith, and will be required to agree with the declarations of the Statement of Faith in order to be considered for this position.
This is a full-time, paid position that offers a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement, and paid time off.
CURE International complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Persons living with a disability are highly encouraged to apply.Apply Now