Accounting / Finance - Full-time
Ottawa Avenue Private Capital (OAPC), an affiliate of RDV Corporation (RDV), manages an alternative asset portfolio that specializes in private equity, seeking to offer clients a single access point to middle-market private equity sponsors across private equity, private credit, and secondary strategies. As an affiliate of RDV, OAPC utilizes RDV’s Talent Services team to coordinate employee recruiting initiatives. OAPC continues to experience rapid growth, creating a fast-paced and dynamic work environment for its employees.
Culture of Care
The OAPC team has a culture of collaboration, innovation, analytical thinking, and providing outstanding service to our sophisticated investors and internal clients. This is a fast paced and constantly moving work environment with a detail oriented team that likes to be the best at what they do both inside and outside of the workplace. If you are looking to join a team with highly experienced leaders in the private equity industry creating a fresh model where outstanding quality and creative solutions are a daily expectation, take a moment to connect with us.
At RDV Corporation, we recruit only the most talented people who are highly capable, energetic, positive, results focused, and who naturally contribute to a premier service-oriented culture. In turn, our employees experience competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits programs that enhance their lives and experiences. They also enjoy a workplace that is meaningful, engaging, and collaborative; a place where they can grow their career in the vibrant heart of downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly for the Director of Investment Reporting to support all reporting initiatives throughout the organization by assisting in the preparation and review of quarterly performance reporting materials, marketing materials, and other investment related reports.
- Develop expertise and understanding of the OAPC private equity portfolio, investment strategy, valuation methodology, allocation methodology, and the company’s portfolio management and integrated reporting systems to ensure the integrity of reporting data and investment performance metrics in a multi-layered ownership environment.
- Assist with the thematic development and production of all teasers, and flipbooks associated with the various investment offerings during the fundraising and marketing cycle.
- Prepare and maintain a library of marketing materials and research reports as well as maintain and manage the investment performance track record.
- Responsible for quarterly and annual reports for multiple private equity investment funds, select purpose vehicles, and investors.
- Support Investor Relations in responding to all OAPC investor inquiries and questions relating to investment performance and support.
- Interact with the third-party administrator and OAPC accounting personnel responding to investor inquiries on transactions within private investments and portfolio company performance reporting.
- Together with the Investment Group analysts and valuation team, coordinate the accumulation and review of investment company performance data for reporting to the OAPC Valuation Committee and limited partners of OAPC.
- Possess the ability to calculate and interpret various private equity performance metrics, including IRR, multiples of invested capital calculations (TVPI, RVPI, DPI), benchmarking analysis including Public Market Equivalents and Comparative Index Methodology. Candidate must demonstrate an ability to understand and interpret financial performance data such as revenue, net debt, EBITDA, etc. to prepare investment performance summaries.
- Assist the Investment Group analysts and Associate Directors with monitoring investment performance and creating narratives that convey ongoing strategy and investment performance.
- Collaborate with internal Technology Services and External Consultants, Investment Accounting, Investment Group, and Legal and Compliance to develop and implement new technology and reporting tools.
- Identify and implement process efficiencies; demonstrate problem-solving aptitude and flexibility. Ability to develop and document controls to support a robust internal controls framework.
- Perform other miscellaneous projects and reporting as requested.
Elements of Success
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance – CPA preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of applicable experience required, with public accounting and audit experience preferred
- Analytical thinker with strong attention to detail, accuracy, and quality are critical to be successful
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and creative solutions; exhibits flexible thinking on the best way to approach scenarios. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and an ability to proactively communicate challenges and progress
- Experience in private equity or alternative asset management and vehicle structuring a plus
- Self-starter with the ability to initiate, prioritize, and follow through on multiple projects and initiatives with minimal oversight while reporting on progress
- Ability to work both independently and on team projects managing numerous initiatives simultaneously
- Experience building relationships and communicating with various levels of personnel within a cross-functional team environment
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor, welcoming feedback and direction
- Commitment to confidentiality in all aspects of the position and responsibilities
- Must have demonstrated experience with Excel and PowerPoint, comfortable with new technology and reporting tools