Accounting / Finance - Intern
Ottawa Avenue Private Capital (OAPC), an affiliate of RDV Corporation, is a private investment firm managing an alternative asset portfolio that specializes in private equity.
OAPC is seeking qualified candidates to join the firm’s Summer 2023 Internship Program. Investment Analyst Interns will receive extensive training and exposure to the overall private equity landscape, with a particular focus on middle market buyout funds, through the evaluation and underwriting of private equity fund commitments and related co-investments. Additionally, OAPC will provide each Investment Analyst Intern with unlimited access to Wall Street Prep, a platform of self-study online courses in financial modeling, to supplement the training and experience gained during the Internship Program.
The Investment Analyst Intern position supports senior members of the OAPC Investment Group with an emphasis on investment analysis and portfolio monitoring, investment systems, internal reporting, and document management. This is a short-term position targeted at college undergraduates who are interested in gaining experience and an understanding of the private equity industry by working for a private equity firm.
What You’ll Do
The Investment Analyst Intern will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Investment Underwriting – Evaluate prospective investment opportunities through the review of confidential investment memorandums, financial models, and commercial and financial diligence reports. Assist in the creation of investment committee materials for investment approval.
- Investment Monitoring – Assist in the ongoing monitoring of select portfolio investments including review of financial reports, board materials and other supplemental data to facilitate the ongoing investment valuation analysis.
- Investment Systems – Assist in the collection, input, and review of comprehensive data sets within the firms internal reporting and document management systems.
- Internal Reporting – Support the efforts of OAPC’s Investment Reporting Group to prepare and distribute various reports to the firm’s Limited Partners.
- Assist with additional cross-portfolio and cross-functional projects on an ad hoc basis.
What You’ll Bring
- Current undergraduate student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related discipline – expected graduation in 2024 or 2025 preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability and willingness to work in a cross-functional, team environment required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite – Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word – a plus.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; strong attention to detail.